cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

putting oil in 8.1 after oil change

Vacationer04
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a trick to putting oil back into an 8.1L after a change. No funnels or adaptors that I have found up to now fit the opening or the fill tube so that I can use the 5 Qt jugs. Anybody got a slick trick to do that? I am working with a '04 HR Vacationer.
Jim & Linda E.
'04 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36WDD, 2 slides
'03 Honda CR-V EX Awd
Demco Kar-Bar & baseplate
Brake Buddy Classic

"Don't tell me it can't be done, just tell me it won't be easy."
"If I can't buy what I need, I'll make it myself."
4 REPLIES 4

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Or, you can pour from the 5 quart, to a 1 quart, which may be easer to fill with. I always save the quarts for this purpose.
Wildmanbaker

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
In those oddball places hoses are the best. Just be sure it is securely in place before you start pouring or you'll get oil everywhere!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
SpeedCo..:) I know, not helpful..sorry....:B

Seriously though, the above 'trick' works the best. I used to cut the top off a quart bottle and use that as the funnel. Piece of garden hose on the end of that and you're done. No muss, no fuss....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make an extension tube out of plastic tubing and then attach it to a funnel outside of the hood. On my Monaco I can slip the 5 Qt container under the hood and tipping it sideways I can pour directly in to the oil fill opening.