cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leprechaun

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Coachman Leprechaun....2017 . Model 240 FS.

Whats so bad about them?....if anything? What to look for...what to look OUT for..

It seems to have everything the wife and I want in a small coach...

Sully
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape
11 REPLIES 11

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer
We're on our second Leprechaun. Had a 2008 311KS, traded it in for our current 2017 311FS. Been happy with them both. Usual issues to deal with upon taking delivery that the dealer took care of or I did easily enough once we got in a few trips.

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
We just got a 24 foot Leprechaun, we have had it for 2000 miles. It is great I am impressed. Question ask??

campkodiak23
Explorer
Explorer
Sully2 it's been a while since this post was started... but thought I would ask . What did you finally decide. We found ( for the ones local to us in north east ) SO far the Leprechaun is the best quality .. thought the others; Jayco, thor etc.. seemed to have less quality in them .. thoughts ??? Still on our search for a GOOD class C around 24-26feet !
2018 Coachman Concord 300DS
2017 Ford F150
1 hubby & me

ggimlick
Explorer
Explorer
Sully2 wrote:
Well....The wife and I went out saturday and checked out the Leprechaun's. Sad to say that after getting in and out of all lengths...we were greatly UNDERwhelmed. Cant say I'll be sticking any "coin" into one of them.

Since the 260 is one we're going to look at this week, can you be more specific as to why you were not impressed?

We sold our Super C and want to downsize. Coachmen seems to have some nice features, but I'm going by manufacturers info so far.
Take care,
Greg & Kathy
2018 Rockwood Minilite 2504s
2017 Ford F150 SC 3.5 Eco 10 spd xmsn 3.55
US Army retired

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well I do like Coachmen coaches, but know what you mean by underwhelmed. For me they feel "generic" but not bad whatsoever. I like to see personality. ๐Ÿ˜›
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at a 24 Leprechaun. The slider is a full wall have you had any trouble with it, does it slide well? Also is the bed split in the middle, how does it sleep? Thanks

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Well....The wife and I went out saturday and checked out the Leprechaun's. Sad to say that after getting in and out of all lengths...we were greatly UNDERwhelmed. Cant say I'll be sticking any "coin" into one of them.
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a side note as mentioned by Jackha1949,Valve extensions make it a lot easier and faster to fill and check your air pressure. Do not put the screw on extensions,they are prone to leak and cause many problems.

Get solid valve stems.

The Tire Man Kit comes with the flow thru caps and there are 6 valve stems,instead of just 4. Metal valve stems are a must for all wheels.

These are from the Original Inventor
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks mucho Jack!
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing to add! I had the dealership add valve extensions on the rear dual wheels as the stock valves were almost impossible to reach. We only had a few issues that had to be fixed, one was the electric water heater didn't work, there was a scratch on the front of the refrig and the bathroom mirror. Our dealer was great and did all the repairs. I did pay for the valve extensions. Let me know if you have any questions I will be more than glad to answer them. Happy RVing ๐Ÿ™‚
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun last October and we really love it. We were full-timers in a 40' Itasca Horizon and just gave up full-timing after 6 years and settled in Florida. We still wanted to RV and travel but didn't need the 40' class A so we decided on a class C. We really liked the 260 Leprechaun with the Ford 450. We really like the floor plan and we have the side by side recliners which makes it nice for relaxing and viewing the 32" TV. It also has a nice dinette and with the 2 slides its really nice. The bathroom is a bit small but very functional. Two really nice features I like are the self leveling jacks and the air shocks in the rear. Very few class Cs have leveling jacks let alone self leveling. We have taken it on a few shake down cruises and so far we really love the motorhome. It was quite a jump from a 40' class A diesel pusher to a gas class C but so far it has been a good choice for us. We now rent a house in Florida and the Leprechaun gives a nice escape unit. Good Luck in your search.
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun