cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommend a FL west coast RV park

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
After this winter, I am serious about spending a few months in FL next year ! I know I would have to book very soon, but I have never really stayed any where in that area. Probably somewhere south of New Port Richey. It has to be "reasonably" priced and no more than an hour to an hour and a half drive to a bigger city.

Beach front would be great, but I want a place that is reasonably priced, so within walking/biking distance is acceptable.

Likely will be hauling a new(er) TT, 18-24'.
9 REPLIES 9

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
sher9570 wrote:

We stay at Buttonwood inlet rv resort
It's 1275.00 per month
It is walking distance to the beach...
It is walking distance to many great seafood restaurants.
It's in Cortez
1/2 hour up to Bradenton and a bit more to Sarasota.

Sher

Very promising ! Looking at Google Maps, where is the beach ? Is there public access to Bradenton Beach ?

If you want to walk or ride a bike...when you leave the park it is literally one block to the bridge (rte 684, cortez road) that takes you over to Anna Marie Island, specifically Bradenton Beach, Cortez Beach and Coquina Beach...takes minutes to get there.
Plenty of parking, best part, there is no charge for anything unless you want to buy food at the pavilion.
It's an awesome beach community and this is one of the friendliest parks I've ever been to.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
sher9570 wrote:

It's 1275.00 per month
It's in Cortez

Sher

Very promising ! Looking at Google Maps, where is the beach ? Is there public access to Bradenton Beach ?

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
sdianel wrote:
Explain when you're going and what you mean by "reasonably" priced.

Probably Jan-Mar, hopefully <$1500/month.

It's 1275.00 per month
It's in Cortez

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Explain when you're going and what you mean by "reasonably" priced.

Probably Jan-Mar, hopefully <$1500/month.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Rock Crusher and if it make s a difference, there were a lot of Michiganders there over the winter. However, I'm not sure what the "big city" is within an hour's drive.

Check out Timberlane RV Park in Bradenton.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Explain when you're going and what you mean by "reasonably" priced. In Florida in the winter not much is reasonable. I you stay north of New Port Richey might be more reasonable. Rock Crusher Canyon in the winter is about $750 per month which includes electric. If you stay more than a month in most parks you pay extra for electric. There aren't many campgrounds on that coast within walking distance of the beach.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
tinstartrvlr wrote:

but since you'll be there in the summer, maybe not too bad.

I don't think he said that at all.

Since we don't know your definition of "reasonable price" it's hard to advise.

In general, the really nice parks on or close to the coast are NOT reasonably priced.....in my opinion.

Yes, start shopping and booking early.

Pictures on web sites and brochures can be deceiving.....sometimes VERY much so, so asking here after a little research is a good idea.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

thebat68
Explorer
Explorer
There's a place called Frog Creek just south of the skyway bridge, but it's a little inland. Not sure how close to the beach it is. I would otherwise avoid Pinellas county if you're staying for an extended period, the traffic in Pinellas is simply nasty. There are some nice places near Sarasota but again it might be too far inland for you.
2009 25' Forest River XLR Lite Toy Hauler
2007 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4
Anderson Hitch System
'04 & '06 Daughters.
RV'ing or Camping in one form or another all my life.:C

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Allstays.com, zoom in on all the parks in that area and you can get all the details of each one including reviews. Just click on any park that interests you.

That said, there is a KOA in Pinellas County that is right on the water. Haven't been there in very long time so I can't speak for the current quality. There's a few RV parks in the Clearwater area as well.

Cost is always an issue but since you'll be there in the summer, maybe not too bad. I wouldn't even attempt it in the winter, but that's me.

Happy hunting.