cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chiropractic while on the road

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be retiring in 3 months and shortly there after, hitting the road for a month of travel. DW & I both see a chiropractor regularly and are wondering what our options are while on the road.
Anyone experience this? If so, what options do you recommend?
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo
6 REPLIES 6

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I see chiropractors in different locals while RVing. I try to talk with locals to get a recommendation. That can be anyone...RV park staff, people in the grocery store, etc. If someone gives me a name, I ask that person to please describe the technique the doctor uses on them. I google a chiropractor's name to see if I can find any reviews. When I call their office, I ask if the doctor uses the technique that I like.

I've done pretty well with these methods.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
My wife needs chiropractic care on a regular basis. We are not full timers but spend 5 months a year on the road. It is a bit of a hit and miss proposition. We do have some regular haunts where she has found good care. There are different techniques used by chiropractors. You need to know what you need and ask the right questions. My wife can't use practitioners that use the classic crack the neck technique. I know this post wasn't probably much help, but good luck.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I've full time 11 years. Using the phone book and recommendations I've found good chiropractors wherever I go.
Sometimes I get one I don't like so I look further.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
amxpress wrote:
I'll be retiring in 3 months and shortly there after, hitting the road for a month of travel. DW & I both see a chiropractor regularly and are wondering what our options are while on the road.
Anyone experience this? If so, what options do you recommend?

Depending on your destination, there could be walk in chiropractors. I know that, here in Loveland, where a lot of tourists like to stay/visit while enroute to the High Country, there are several walk in clinics. One close by advertises "no waiting" and "$25/visit". When you reach a destination and plan to be there a bit, just google "walk in chiropractors near me (or insert city/town name)" and you may be surprised that there are some in your area. Much will depend on the size of the town/city you'll be near/in.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not in that situation but, did you discuss it with your current chiropractor?

Maybe he/she will have some advice or ideas.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Following because DW and I are in the same boat.