cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone 2670bh

Rubicon100
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I just wanted to say that I think this is a great forum with lots of knowledge. Everyone always seems genuine and ready to help. So I thought I would tell about our new tt, I've been towing for years and got out of it ten years ago and my wife finally talked me into a new camper. We have had 4 dodge diesels in the past but this time I am driving a 2012 Chevy crew cab 1500 4x4 with the factory tow package. I gave my wife a list of campers based mostly on length, weight and max weight. She done a pretty decent job and I think we'll be happy. I have installed 3.73 gears in the truck and already had air bags and my own equalizer hitch. Trailer is 5230 scaled with propane and battery with a gvr of 6800lbs. I'm under payload and other than being 30 foot long it pulls with great manners. I'm pretty experienced towing and I see a lot of people on here who don't really understand how much extra a few feet make a difference pulling a long trailer. I'm completely comfortable in my setup but I can honestly say I wouldn't want to go any heavier or longer. I weighed the truck today with all the family and gear and we have plenty of room for tongue weight so I guess I'm just reassuring myself that I'm ok. I'll post loaded trailer weight this week after another trip to the scales. But that dreadful ccc always seems to get the half ton trucks before you know it. Sorry for the long post just wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting any help I might need as we start taking trips. Thanks again for educating my family on the importance of staying in our weight range. Dan
3 REPLIES 3

Rubicon100
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, sorry I took so long to reply. The kids have been home for spring break so I finally got everything weighed today. With the truck and trailer loaded up with the whole family and the camper has a full tank of water. I'm at 3520 steering axle,3440 drive axle and 6100lbs on the trailer. I'm pretty close on the cargo for the truck but it pulls great with the equalizer hitch.

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I have the twin to your trailer and also tow with a Silverado. While I don't know your payload, assuming it isn't horrible, you are probably fine if properly loaded and with a good WDH.

Can you share some details from the door jamb sticker?
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, Rubicon.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad