cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

insulin from Canada

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
As there are many of our friend from Canada here on the forum, can anyone tell me about how to get my insulin from Canada? I see a lot online, but I do not to want to send money to, or get medications from a source that I know nothing about. As I realize that this may be a taboo subject here on an open forum, please PM me with any help that you can. Thanks.

Noel Johnson, in Tennessee.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

10 REPLIES 10

avan
Explorer
Explorer
Take an annual swing south with your RV and visit farmacia express or such in MX. Know what your doc prescribes for you, no need for Rx, call ahead to be sure they have the quantity you need and make a trip or two or three walking across the border (staying within your $$ limit) and pick up a yrs supply. Put your lantus, humalog, whatever in your RV frig and be set for the yr. By far cheaper than your Part D copay for same.
www.putt10.net

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Not my fault, I tried, but I do not qualify for VA benefits. And for those that are just starting, you just have to learn to play the games. In my case, I just try to time things so that I blow my way into and through the donut hole, then just try to stock as heavy as I can before the end of the year. I go into the year knowing that it is going to cost me at least 6K for medicine, so hit the Credit cards hard and get it over with as soon as possible.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
At least there is a much cheaper product available at Walmart, but what they hve is not what I am using. And I am controlling pretty good with the Lantus and humalog combination that I am using. I am getting some assistance from Medicare Part D, so I am able to manage so far, but I am just trying to explore options before when Congress sticks it to us again. When the part D donut hole was lowered, the conpanies tripled the prices. I fully expect them todo that again. OK, I am Ranting again, and my blood pressure is rising, so I'll quit. Thanks to everyone for the replys.

Not trying to wind you up, for sure. If you qualify for VA benefits, you can split your meds between VA and Medicare, hanging onto the edge of the donut hole ๐Ÿ˜‰

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
At least there is a much cheaper product available at Walmart, but what they hve is not what I am using. And I am controlling pretty good with the Lantus and humalog combination that I am using. I am getting some assistance from Medicare Part D, so I am able to manage so far, but I am just trying to explore options before when Congress sticks it to us again. When the part D donut hole was lowered, the conpanies tripled the prices. I fully expect them todo that again. OK, I am Ranting again, and my blood pressure is rising, so I'll quit. Thanks to everyone for the replys.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
JOHN&LAURA wrote:
I am a type 1, and have a insulin pump. 2 years ago I started using Canadarx for insulin. They faxed a form to my Dr. They put your credit card on file, and shipped it to me in a foam cooler. Seems like I got 6 viles for under $300.00 but don't quote me on the price. Used Novalog. No problems at all.

*This is not medical advice on the internet*

Are you using 70/30? If so, ask your Doctor about using Humulin- unless you need an auto-pen.

If you're just using vials, CALL TOMORROW about it. You will be VERY GLAD you did. Then check the Walmart price on it.

There are other options so be sure to ask your Doc. Canada can be good for lots of things, but insulin...it can often be had pretty reasonably.

BTW, anyone who charges $600 for a month's supply of auto-pens live Novolog does....I'll stop there ๐Ÿ˜‰

JOHN_LAURA
Explorer
Explorer
I am a type 1, and have a insulin pump. 2 years ago I started using Canadarx for insulin. They faxed a form to my Dr. They put your credit card on file, and shipped it to me in a foam cooler. Seems like I got 6 viles for under $300.00 but don't quote me on the price. Used Novalog. No problems at all.
2018 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
2017 TOYOTA CAMRY
2019 GRAND DESIGN REFLECTION 311BHS
THE WIFE AND I
SON 21 DAUGHTER 15
WONDER DOG LUCY

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
My lovely bought the generic insulin from Walmart they have three types short long and a mix. At 25. A vial it saved us hundreds of dollars a month. It is not as effective as the new drugs but it is a proven alternative. I don't know if it will work for you. My lovely is a type 2.
Jesseannie

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I buy Novolin for my dog from Walmart. $25 a vile. The exact same bottle cost $125 at another grocery/pharmacy. Don't know if that is something you can take. It is human insulin she takes.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Redwoodcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Before Obamacare I was denied any form of health insurance and I had to get all my insulin from Canada. Did it for years. No problems. I used various online suppliers. It's sickening how here it would have cost me $900 a month for medication needed to stay alive but ordering over the border I would get it for under $350. I'm type one diabetic, not like I'm overweight or lazy. Insane how greedy people are when it comes to helping g people stay alive.
2011 ram 3500. Cummins 68rfe. EFI live. 276k miles and climbing.
2017 keystone bullet 204

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Read this:

http://www.healthline.com/diabetesmine/true-or-false-you-can-buy-insulin-from-canada
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad