cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Barber Motorsports Park - RV camping sites ?

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm thinking about heading to Barber for the Indy Car races next year....we've been there for motorcycle events a few times, but just as day visitors. I'm looking at taking the RV and camping out for the weekend next year and was wondering if anyone had site # preferences in the Hill Top RV area ? Looks like only 40 sites and they are pricey, but so be it. They are the only ones that we'd fit in anyway Thanks
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
6 REPLIES 6

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We went to St. Pete last year, camped just north of Tampa and had a great time. Also went to Mid-Ohio which was even better, boondocked right at the track! Love our racing, all kinds! Indy is even more interesting now that we have a local young man in the series. Hope to get to St. Pete again in 2019 but not sure yet. We have to see how the hubbys health is doing, cancer sucks but he is fighting and winning right now.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

Bailey18
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Have you been to St. Pete? It's just across the bay from my house so we go every year ----- I"m sort of planning to go to COTA for F1 next year if it fits into our schedule

Have not been to St. Pete, yet. Our plan is to get to all them within the next 2- 3 years.Need to take delivery of the MH yet, Nov 2.

-Allan

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you been to St. Pete? It's just across the bay from my house so we go every year ----- I"m sort of planning to go to COTA for F1 next year if it fits into our schedule
Joe

Bailey18
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Bailey,
Nope- I didn't go & don't recall the price. They don't allow pets and we travel with our dogs, so it just didn't happen. I believe they will have info on their website shortly after the 2019 schedule is announced. It's a beautiful facility.

We are still planning to going in 2019. The track will be kind of on the way home at the right time, we are both huge Indycar fans (the reason we bought the bus).

So far it looks like we are heading to Barber Motorsports Park and Toronto (we do Toronto every year since 1996). Going to add a couple more.

And then a race or two at Mosport. (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)

Should be an awesome year.

-Allan

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bailey,
Nope- I didn't go & don't recall the price. They don't allow pets and we travel with our dogs, so it just didn't happen. I believe they will have info on their website shortly after the 2019 schedule is announced. It's a beautiful facility.
Joe

Bailey18
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
I'm thinking about heading to Barber for the Indy Car races next year....we've been there for motorcycle events a few times, but just as day visitors. I'm looking at taking the RV and camping out for the weekend next year and was wondering if anyone had site # preferences in the Hill Top RV area ? Looks like only 40 sites and they are pricey, but so be it. They are the only ones that we'd fit in anyway Thanks

Did you end up going? We are thinking of going to the 2019 race, also need a hill top site. How much was pricey? How much in advance did you have to book the spot?