cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Important Safety Question

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it safe to transport full 12-packs of bottled beer in the refrigerator without worrying about them breaking. I was thinking of possibly putting them into cardboard 6-pack carriers, but I thought I'd ask if someone has a better idea. And NO--- I'm not switching to cans! Thanks. Now I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it...
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights
14 REPLIES 14

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Is that all you people think about in Milwaukee? BEER?

Not just Milwaukee...here in Carolina its very important. The rig does nlt roll with out beer. We can leave without cloths and food bit beer 1st
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
We had bottle beer on our frig shelves once. When we opened the frig door at a gas station, 2 bottles rolled out and broke when they hit each other on the floor. We barefoot in our RV... cans from now on.
Brian

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
STBRetired wrote:
Have done thousands of miles with my libation of choice in the fridge. Never had a problem. Usually try to pack them in tight so they won't clink around, but have not had issues even when they were loosely packed. Just be careful the first time you open the door after you stop in case anything tries to escape.

X2

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
I had my fridge's contents dumped, including mayo and mustard lids blown off from the fall, after crossing the US/MX border on my way back from Rocky Point and the idiot US BP agents didn't close my fridge after inspecting it. Learned my lesson not to trust =anyone= "inspecting" my stuff without checking personally afterwards. Had to toss all the fridge's contents, including about $100 of shrimp I'd bought, because it warmed beyond safety. :M

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never had any glass container break inside our 5vr fridge.

Have had pickle jar, jalapeรฑo jar and single bottle of Tecate break from falling out of fridge due to NOT properly closing door :S
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
As long as you keep all the tires touching ground you should be OK amego.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never had any break yet.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well we did once, we have a rear kitchen, and hit a road buckle on 101 south of Seaside,OR. The area will flood from time to time, well after the last flood before we crossed it was basically a speed bump. Speed limit 45, and same rough road sign that has been there for years.
TV wasn't too bad, have Bil's, but the 5er almost left the ground! the 5er didn't have shocks at that time and it took it hard! Wiped out all the shelves on the refer door except the bottom one.

The shocks went on the 5er shortly after!!!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is that all you people think about in Milwaukee? BEER?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Have done thousands of miles with my libation of choice in the fridge. Never had a problem. Usually try to pack them in tight so they won't clink around, but have not had issues even when they were loosely packed. Just be careful the first time you open the door after you stop in case anything tries to escape.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I think they are safe as a 12 pk. My 12pk of preference just stacks the bottles on top of one another. They don't have enough wiggle room to break. It is when they get loose that the glass might "clink" enough to break.

With loose bottles I use the door shelf, alternating between beverage, ketchup, beverage, mustard, beverage, water, etc.......keeping a bit of plastic between the bottles.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We have lots of glass items in the refrigerator (not beer, but all kinds of glass bottled soft drinks), not to mention things like glass pickle jars and wine bottles. Never has one broken. We put as much in the door as possible. Never a problem.

Once left an open Diet Coke in a can opened in the refrigerator. Hit the road, reached the next destination, opened the refrigerator and saw the can ... OH YUCK we thought! BUT not a drop or splash anywhere! Amazing! Maybe we dodged a bullet? That was a long time ago. Ever since, we double check the refrigerator for open containers or containers that might pop their top when on the road.

Pack with great joy! Live free! and Enjoy the brew!

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Why not? How do your think they made it to the store from the brewery?
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I have never an issue. Hell I fill the door holders with bare glass bottles. Never a broken bottle to date.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler