cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide seals question

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
which is better for the slides rubber seals; 303 or the stuff they sell at the RV stores?

Guy
9 REPLIES 9

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just replaced the top outer seal on my 04' Keystone Outback 5th wheel. Very easy job. The rubber was still good the U shaped top that attaches to the rail had given up as there is a steel spring in it to hold it on. Pull old seal off and press new seal on.

crk112
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.. I'm a relatively new TT owner and am concerned with proper maintenance of the seals..

Do you ever have to replace seals? Or does 303 or similar maintain them well enough to make them last say 8-10 years?

- ck

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
which is better for the slides rubber seals; 303 or the stuff they sell at the RV stores?

Guy

Yes
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
Which type of 303 should we use for the slide seal? There are several versions of 303 spray, and I am not sure what the difference in them is. Which is the best for the seals?

Mike_LeClair
Explorer
Explorer
Subscribed! I too am interested in reading what others are doing with regard to seal maintenance.

Cheers!

Mike
Something Old, Something New
2012 F350 SRW, 6.7l Powerstroke, 3.55's front and rear.
2008 Fleetwood Regal 325RKTS
Mike, Carol and our 4 legged "furry child" Kenzie Shweenie Tod

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Thetford Rubber Seal Lubricant. Work well...Some use baby powder...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would use the 303.
Most vinyl and rubber dressings are actually bad for those materials.

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
Tagged for interest. I've read good things about the 303 spray before.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
This is kind of an opinion question, but since I've used both, I will give mine. I think 303 gives better UV protection, but the spray foam for seals, keeps them soft and pliable. I will add, that I use baby powder on the inside seals and wipers, to keep them from sticking, and smoother sliding when extending/retracting.

Jerry