cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tepic camping, where can I stay

rztravelerUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve been reading the Canadian Rainbirds post and drove this route last month when coming to Chapala. I prefer driving no more than 250 miles a day but usually doesn't work out so well once I leave Mazatlan. I would like to stop in Tepic and continue on the next day to my home here. I tried staying at the Tepic RV park 2 years ago but had an extremely difficult time getting past the curb to drive thru the parking lot to the park. Almost got hit when some idiot comes flying around me from the street to grab a parking space in the lot. Luckily two people stopped traffic to help me after this close call. I will not stay there again due to the difficulty trying to get in and out. Is there anywhere in the Tepic area I could stay overnight? I stay at the usual RV parks and the Pemex in Los Mochis. I have been using the new Tepic libramiento and am familiar with the old route which I drove many times in the past. I have a 30' Class C with no tow. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
BTW, the RV park in San AntonioTlayacapan is barely started, just a couple pads and nothing else. Easy to get to in a RV, if he ever opens the place. My place in Chapala was custom built for my RV and an extra space with full hookups, 30-50AMP service, if anyone wants to stop by sometime. I will be leaving the end of May and returning here sometime in October or November. Ron
Ron
2 REPLIES 2

Talleyho69
We LOVE Los Pinos in Tepic. Yes, it's a difficult access, and we bottom out when we enter. It's a lovely site, great facilities, and you only option in the area. Just take it slow and easy, and enjoy life. We were there two nights ago, and although we miss the former managers, it's still a great place place for us and our dogs.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
We have considered Pemex stations in Tepic more than once but never actually stayed in one. We did ask and they have always been fine with the idea - no problem - plenty of room - park wherever you want. I found two on Google Earth....

21.527520 -104.929868

21.520377 -104.926110

The first coordinate - two Pemex stations across the highway from each other - obvious trucks park there.

Second coordinate - one station on the southbound / eastbound side - I think this could be the one where I asked.

I thought there was one close to the Xalisco/Campostela turnoff but I don't see it now. We once stayed at a Pemex near Zapopan with no problem - exhaustion had set in and darkness falling made it sort of an emergency stop but it turned out just fine.

We don't normally stay at a Pemex if we can find an RV park of some kind but there are times when there is no option. We have never been refused or had any kind of problem staying at any Pemex.