cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any know the details on this generator?

x96mnn
Explorer
Explorer
I can see clearly it is a Yamaha EF3000iSE but when I search the model the generator that comes up has two 15amp and a 30amp connections. I am thinking it is an older model of the same generator but cannot find a manual or anything in it.

Looking to buy it to run my RV.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144391884@N07/33467337932/in/dateposted-public/
11 REPLIES 11

dfb
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the Yamaha 3000iseb.... great gen, but VERY heavy..

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ever see an appliance store ad "If you can find the exact same item somewhere else for less we will refund twice the difference".

Some "Features" are optional and the store selling the device new can request they be added or deleted.. I'd guess your 30 amp Twist Lock is one of 'em.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
x96mnn wrote:
Looking to buy it to run my RV.

It appears there are 2 water resistant plug covers. What is o=under neath them ? I will bet one of them is a standard TT-30 receptacle.
If it is a twist lock L5-30, you can buy a adapter to TT-30 or make your own.

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
It might run a 15K HVAC as well. It should basically power a 30 amp trailer.

Biggest problem is adding an extended run fuel tank.
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
Unless that Yamaha could last 4 times longer than my Champion, something I sincerely doubt, I will keep my Champion.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
j-d said:
"Yamaha's a great brand. From what I've read here, the Honda generators handle Surge (like A/C startup) a little better than most other brands."
I must disagree. I still remember the death glare from the wife when my brand new hyper expensive Honda EU3000is wouldn't start my 13,600 btu A/C. A hard start kit in the A/C saved my life. Heard many other similar stories. Yamahas and Champions don't seem to have a problem starting RV A/Cs. So if you're determined to drop a couple of grand on a Honda, rent one and try it first. I still wince when I remember that glare!
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is one pricey generator. Plus another $707 to make it remote start.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Oh that generator is sooooo cute! It reminds me of a tear drop trailer with wing! So cute! At first I didn't see the handles, and I thought it WAS a tear drop!

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
ctilsie242 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the fix is going to be fairly simple.

You probably CAN fix it, because Yammaha probably has PARTS available. The off-brands, let's say Harbor Fruit, offer nothing for their cheap knockoff versions.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those, and it is discontinued. The EF3000SEB is almost identical, except it has the ability to use the battery "boost".

Toaster + Coffeemaker + converter will work. AC + microwave will not. Running a 13.5 or 15k AC depends on model and if there is a hard start cap on the A/C. I've found the trick is to start the generator, nuke something for 30 seconds, then flip the A/C on, and it should do the job.

That generator is pretty decent. I had over 3500+ hours on mine until it seized, and I'm pretty sure the fix is going to be fairly simple.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky to Above Page

Link to a Spec Page shows it as single phase 120VAC. Single is good, because you can use its full rated amps capacity as one load, specifically your RV shore tie cable. You'd need a adapter from Twist Lock (generator receptacle) to RV (shore tie plug). Just remember you have 23 Amps Max.

My guess, you could run a 13500 A/C plus your Converter/Charger, lights, radio, stuff like that. I think you'd have to "load shed" by turning A/C off to run the Microwave. You might be able to run Microwave and Toaster/Coffeemaker at once. Or Toaster + Coffeemaker with Converter/Charger.

Yamaha's a great brand. From what I've read here, the Honda generators handle Surge (like A/C startup) a little better than most other brands.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB