cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In addition to my slide seals question- Roof question

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
What is better for the rubber roofs: The 303 or the Dicor roof protectant ?

guy
6 REPLIES 6

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Silence as contrition...?
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will admit that I was wrong though... the absolute BEST thing for your rubber roof is probably a carport or other secure roofing system that keeps sun and water off your roof. The SECOND best thing is to leave it alone.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have an Alpha Ply TPO roof, like my newer Jayco, this is what they say...
The link to cleaning instructions is down, but they clearly state
Proper care and maintenance of the Alpha Systems Superflex roof membrane is critical to sustain years of trouble-free performance. Normal maintenance is simple, easy and requires no special materials. Periodic cleaning (three to four times per year) is the primary maintenance required.

That is posted at the bottom of this page, from the MANUFACTURER... http://www.alphasystemsinc.com/Product/ProductList/1
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have an EPDM rubber roof, this is what the manufacturer states...
No special coating or other surface treatment is required. General maintenance in the form of good housekeeping should periodically be performed to remove debris and leaves, and to investigate the performance of other components.

http://www.epdmroofs.org/what-is-epdm/faqs/general-questions#does
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Not sure. The BEST thing is leaving them alone and checking your caulk every couple of months. No protectant is required, but manufacturers now offer "products" because so many people feel the need to do "something" to the roof. I just leave mine alone and enjoy camping.

BAD ADVICE, that is not true!

Maybe if you live in the frigid north, but not in the sunny south.
UV rays are the worst enemy of rubber roofs

Guy

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure. The BEST thing is leaving them alone and checking your caulk every couple of months. No protectant is required, but manufacturers now offer "products" because so many people feel the need to do "something" to the roof. I just leave mine alone and enjoy camping.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS