cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

disc brakes

Gray_Fox
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about changing drum brakes to disc brakes does anyone know the cost for a 2 axle RV ?
Gray Fox
2014 F350 4x4 Diesel Lariat
2009 HitchHiker-LS 34.5 RLTG
Always keep moving so you don't seize up.
4 REPLIES 4

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Do it yourself for $1800ish. Call Bill at www.stopyourtrailer.com. Order everything from him for the 2011 Cameo. When I ordered the Lifestyle, I ordered it with the Dexter disc option. you'll love the performance and consistency of the disc. Good luck.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
With my old truck I was never happy with the 5th wheel brakes. I had tested everything, cleaned connections & adjusted the brakes on the trailer many times but they just didn't feel strong enough. I had the right voltage and adjustment was correct each time. The controller was the type that connects to the truck brake master cylinder using the correct adapter for my truck.

It was so bad that I often considered changing out to Disc Brakes on the 5th wheel.

I bought a new truck that came with a drawtite electronic brake controller already installed.... with the first tow the brakes on the 5th wheel worked like I wanted them to. My old controller setup for some reason wasn't compatible.

No need to change to discs I'm very happy with the 5th wheel brakes now.

Gray Fox wrote:
I am thinking about changing drum brakes to disc brakes does anyone know the cost for a 2 axle RV ?

Ron from Performance Trailer Brakingdid my install...

the cost of the kits are around $1750.00 for Titan to $2,000.00 for the Kodiak kits..

If you are handy, and have tools it can be a DIY project, if not depending on installers they will charge between $500-$1000 for the install.
Ron did mine ,and it is night and day better! His guys came right to my house to do the job...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gray Fox wrote:

Call E-trailer and discuss with them your options!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD