cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevy Express tow mirrors

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Chevy Express 3500 Owners manual refers to optional towing mirrors. GM dealer can't find anything on them. What are my options?
2012 Forest River Salem 26TBUD
2007 Ford Expedtion EL (sold)
2016 Chevy Express 3500
10 REPLIES 10

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just picked up the Express 3500 last night and the mirrors are tiny. I'll check those out on eTrailer too. Thanks for the tip!
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Even though GM has been listing an "option" for extendable tow mirrors for the Express for nearly 10 years, now, they've never actually offered them. The closest thing you can get are Velvac extended arm mirrors, but those are really only a good solution for towing full-time.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

DawnK
Explorer
Explorer
Just want to say thanks to Winnegago Bob for posting the link to the Express mirrors on Etrailer. Although I'd been searching that site for mirror options, these never popped up because I had specified a 2017 model of the Chevy Express. Since the mirrors haven't changed in years I feel confident they will work fine on our new van.
I was about to order a set of K Source strap on mirrors, but will be getting the Longviews instead.
We are picking up our new van next week.
We have been using the CIPA deluxe door mount mirror on our 2004 GMC Savana 2500, and it has worked great. But my DH didn't want to put it on the brand new van and risk damage (we had some scratching on the window of the Savana).
So glad I decided to search some RV forums for info before I completed the purchase.
THANKS BOB! And thanks Gleaner for posting the question!

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
I have the mirrors from etrailer for my Express. I feel that do a good job.

Thanks! I hadn't actually looked at those that closely. Looks like they might be a good option.
2016 Chevy Express 3500

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
I have the mirrors from etrailer for my Express. I feel that do a good job. The GM mirrors are made for the Express cutaway, and are extended far enough for a box on the back.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
This van has a lot of things that look like slightly older Chevy pickups. There are a lot of options for mirrors for them. It seems like something might fit. Might take more research and trial and error.
2016 Chevy Express 3500

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping someone would have some experience with towing mirrors on a van that they liked.
2016 Chevy Express 3500

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Still looking, but eTrailer likes these:

https://www.etrailer.com/tm-2016_Chevrolet_Express+Van.htm
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K

Gleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Would like replacements that are extendable. I guess your quick search came up with some options. I just thought if there was a factory option, I would start there. Couldn't find anything but strap on add on for our Expedition and wasn't impressed.
2016 Chevy Express 3500

Winnebago_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Google?

What are you looking for? Replacements? Add-ons?

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=2016+Chevy+Express+3500+tow+mirrors&sourceid=opera&ie=U...
2017 Winnebago Aspect 27K