cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roll Call Alaska 2018

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
Okay...I know 2017 hasn't even taken off, but those of you that remember me from Roll Call 2013 know that I plan well ahead of time, lol.
4 years is way too long to go without being in Alaska so we are heading up again. This time my sister (Barbara), her husband (Pat) and their baby poodle (Koko) are going with us with their Bounder. We are planning to leave from Bullhead City, AZ around the end of May.
Would love to get a roll call started if anyone else out there is as much of an early planner as I am.
For those of you heading up this year, have a safe and wonderful trip and maybe you will enjoy it so much that you will join us in 2018. :W

Janet and Gary
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
532 REPLIES 532

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
Arrived back home this pasted Monday, hoped everyone had a good journey, didn't run across anyone from this posting during the entire trip.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m in Fairbanks at the Morris visitor center. Boondocked at Walmart last night and will again tonight I think. Iโ€™m waiting for a mechanic shop to open Monday AM. Came up Alaskan Highway the past nine days from Boise. Itโ€™s been amazing, but the fire smoke in BC is really, really bad.
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

IrishSettler
Explorer
Explorer
Parked for two nights at the Riverview campgrounds just east of Fairbanks. Took the riverboat tour in the morning and drove up to the Artic Circle in the afternoon - evening (no smoke there but do as I did and leave your camper behind unless you want to destroy it on the Dawson highway).
On to Denali this morning.
Jim

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure glad we got through that section a few days ago. We could have been stuck behind the closure. The conditions from Watson Lake to Edmonton are really bad. 10+ Very High Heath Risk. We have stopped here in Edmonton for an extra day due to the really hard runs we have done since we left Valdez. However, the smoke is really bad.

I really want out of Canada. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have updated our blog and added a few pictures. Link to our Blog

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
Alaska Highway closed from the Yukon border to Coal River because of fires. Check road conditions before heading that way. (DriveBC)

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
Very thick smoke from Watson Lake to Ft. Nelson today.

Ken

IrishSettler
Explorer
Explorer
Going north thru Whitehorse this afternoon. Saw an Alaska 2018 (think it was a 5th wheeler - didnโ€™t really get a good look ?? I at it. Weather is great today and no forest fires. Everyone drive safely.

ecvjohn
Explorer
Explorer
Well it's been a long 16 month trip and time to head back to lower 48... We will be heading out on 9-11-18 from anc to Bellingham wa not in a big rush maybe 350to400 a day. If anyone wants to caravan give us a email ourecv@yahoo.com safe travels

IrishSettler
Explorer
Explorer
I will be crossing at Sweet Grass into Canada on Thursday.

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
c.traveler2 wrote:
We're in Fairbanks , haven't ran into anyone from this post yet. Staying the night at Walmart then doing some minor repairs tomorrow if the rain stops!

Hi Guys, We left AZ May 14th been up the Alaska Hwy , all thru Alaska, came down thru Cassiar Hwy and we are now going thru Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff and have not seen anyone from here.
No worries...I just hope everyone is having the time of their lives.
Enjoy and be safe.

Janet
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
We're in Fairbanks , haven't ran into anyone from this post yet. Staying the night at Walmart then doing some minor repairs tomorrow if the rain stops!
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I would give you guys a quick update so I updated our Blog.

We have wrapped up Seward and moved on to Valdez. The Humpies (Pinks) are running. Wow I don't think I have seen so many fish together trying to get into the hatchery.

In case my signature does not show up (again): Blog

Ken

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
missnmountains wrote:
It has been pretty quite on this thread. I hope everyone is having a great time. We are still in Homer, fishing every day.

I have also updated our blog.

If my signature does not show up, here is the link: Click Here

we are leaving Oregon Aug. 2 and plan to be in Homer mid Aug
Jay D.

Ken

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
It should be snowing pretty good by the time you arrive. We have already had some sleet.

Ken