cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORD E450 SEATS

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon everyone. I have been on th road the past few days. As you know, some of the highways need a little attention. Well some need a lot of attention. So that got mt thinking, see all the 18 wheelers going by, I know that they have some really good seats. Air ride, spring ride, what ever else is out there.
Has anyone replaced their seats with air ride spring ride or sometning else. Maybe just relasce the base pedestal. I would like a little more comgy ride. If you have, which system did you chose? And why? Did yu relace the whole seat or just the pedestaal? If you did, what kind of problems did you have with the install? Where did you get your seats?
Any other info about this mod would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax
10 REPLIES 10

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys............sullivanclan
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
PONDEROSA, thanks for the link. I will certainly be looking at these seats.
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this place:

Truck seats

I bought a reclining sofa setup to replace my jackknife from them last year. No complaints. Top quality.
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
sullivanclan, I will post any info I can get. I will be talking to my buddy tonight and see what he knows.
Brenda and Bill

sullivanclan
Explorer
Explorer
Woodworker, give us an update if you find that a pick up truck seat works, some great ideas....
2003 Ford 450 Jayco Greyhawk 25D
1986 Jeep Renegade
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hank85713, thanks for the reply. I had not given a thought to using a fully adjustable seat frome a pickup. Brother in law, fulltimer. has a Chevy 1 ton dually with fully adjustable seats. And they are really comfortable. I will have to ask my buddy a mechanic if he thinks Ford trucks seats would fit in my C. that could be the way to go.
Brenda and Bill

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
tatast, thanks for the info. I still haven't a clue what I will do.
I will be doing something sometime.
Brenda and Bill

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
The seats in school buses are basically junk, I drive em! They are about the same as found in many class c's. my winnebago has "spring flex/steel" swivel seats and I dont like them. Wish I could find out if seats from a F350 would fit particularly the fully adjustable.

The bus air seats require a air source so unless in a class A with air brakes good luck. but even these leave a lot to be desired. My current bus has a lumbar support that is about 1/2 way up my back so offers little. The seat base has limited fore/aft and does adjust up down but again thats about it. The seat back does not go back far enough and keeps you too upright to do any good.

I would suggest looking for fully adjustable electric seats out of a late model pickup. i really dont know why the manuf's leave the driver area in such a primitive state. The Jsyco Melbourne has fully adjustable seats but that was about the only 1 I found with them.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen some special adjustable driver's seats in shuttle buses and school buses built on E-350, E-450 and Chevy express chassis. I don't know if any of these are spring base, or if they are just more adjustable and possibly better built than the seats RV manufacturers buy.

I've also been in a few shuttles where the driver's seat looks like an OEM piece, so for the companies that make these buses either some don't install special seats or they are an option. But in any case, if shuttle and school bus manufacturers are installing special seats, somebody out there makes them.

Maybe one of the manufacturers of these Type A school buses can give you a lead to a driver's seat supplier. School bus manufacturers include Bluebird (Microbird subsidy), Thomas, Collins, Starcraft, and Transtech. Starcraft is also a leading manufacturer of shuttles, small transit buses, executive transports, party buses and so on, so they are likely to have a lot of connections to interior furnishing suppliers. Starcraft Bus is a Forest River company (one of their five bus companies). Don't look for Starcraft at Thor, they use the name for RVs only (someone else owns it for boats) but Thor may also own a transit bus company or two.

Knoedler makes a suspension seat for the Sprinter, Extreme Low Rider, for about $1700-1800; I don't know if this would adapt to the E-series. This manufacturer shows other models for RV applications, but these might be for Class A motorhomes, which have a different driving position.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
my 2010 seats are sorta dry rotting. looking for affordable seat covers. anyone have a source? i see several online for $195. each which seems alot.