cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We went camping!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhhh finally got out again. I enjoy Morro bay. I wanted to stay a week but I booked a lil to late on reserve America so we only got two days.

Passing through SLO

Morro bay state park - site #30 recommend this site. It's a corner sport no neighbors in front of you and there's a nice grass spot between the next campsite port side.

When we got there Monday around noon the marine layer was thick - Luckily it cleared up for the two days we were there

scored a t shirt and a pic from the Legendary Bro Fro! You can find him at the end of Embarcadero.

Great weather great place no crowds.

Cruising around - Mako and Maddie love Morro bay too!

Beach over by Morro rock

My daughters made me an early bday cake - I actually had reservations to come out here for my birthday but had to cancel because we got my daughters dance schedule and found out she has dance comp on my bday, how about all them candles?

7am nice sunrise - right across the CG they have a nice short lil trail

Was up early weather was perfect so took the 14' SUP and did a quick 2 mile paddle while the girls slept in.

Went back to camp ate breakfast hung out for a bit, by this time the kids were ready to take the boards out across the Harbor over to sand spit area where there is tons of sand dollars. Cool lil courtesy dock and small park, always fun to bring a board on down here and hang out.

Thanks for reading, Happy camping - safe travels.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
29 REPLIES 29

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
funny story about the central coast (we lived there for 3 years while I attended Cal Poly). My then boss around 1990 asked me if it was nice, his daughter was considering taking a job in SLO. I told him that if I had a job offer in/around SLO all he would see of me is my butt as it ran out the front door to take the job. I LOVE the central coast.

My oldest son and family live just outside Paso Robles in Heritage Ranch at Lake Nacimiento, we're there a LOT.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
bullmastifflover wrote:
What I wouldn't give for my husband to take enough time off for us to make that trip...one day! Looks beautiful, thanks for sharing!

You will love it and probably won't want to leave. I sure didn't.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
Looks like a fun time! I grew up in Visalia and we usually did a weekly vacation rental in Cayucos every year growing up, and spent a lot of time in Pismo/Dunes in high school. Love that whole area.

Always fun up there. That whole central coast is nice.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Trailblazer87 wrote:
MY wife and I love Morro Bay, we got married on the beach near the rock in 2010. Our families treated our honey moon like it was their own vacation.

I will keep an eye out for that spot, it looked like a good one. How long a rig will fit there?

Glad to see you guys had fun! Haven't tried the stand up boards yet, we usually go kayaking in the bay.

Nice! Any size rig would fit if you have unhitch. If you want to Standup go See Mary at Morro bay standup paddle board.

Trailblazer87
Explorer
Explorer
MY wife and I love Morro Bay, we got married on the beach near the rock in 2010. Our families treated our honey moon like it was their own vacation.

I will keep an eye out for that spot, it looked like a good one. How long a rig will fit there?

Glad to see you guys had fun! Haven't tried the stand up boards yet, we usually go kayaking in the bay.
2004 31' Toymate by Automate
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Wife and 2 dogs for travel companions, Blue the hound, and Ruger the Wonderhusky

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a fun time! I grew up in Visalia and we usually did a weekly vacation rental in Cayucos every year growing up, and spent a lot of time in Pismo/Dunes in high school. Love that whole area.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

bullmastifflove
Explorer
Explorer
What I wouldn't give for my husband to take enough time off for us to make that trip...one day! Looks beautiful, thanks for sharing!
2001 F350 7.3 PSD 4x4
2002 Thor Tahoe Transport 33TB
2004 2332 VW sandrail, 4 seat, long travel
1993 Grumman 14' fishing boat

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Awww....Forum Man Love
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
jackxclan wrote:
Morro bay is my inner self love it over there

If it weren't for the smell down by the plant. Luckily my nose tends to plug up, but not so much for my wife.

Location is everything

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

dedmiston
jackxclan wrote:

If it weren't for the smell down by the plant. Luckily my nose tends to plug up, but not so much for my wife.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
The wife and I were just talking about going kayaking in the bay, glad you had a good time! There's a group of us that are going to on Memorial day to the desert, your are welcome to come!! Love Morro Bay too!

Nice! Always fun on the water - definitely going out to the memorial trip with you guys, check your inbox I sent a pm.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I were just talking about going kayaking in the bay, glad you had a good time! There's a group of us that are going to on Memorial day to the desert, your are welcome to come!! Love Morro Bay too!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
Looks like you guys had a great time,that's what's it's all about making great memories!!

Always a great time when we take the trailer out.