cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heaven Acquired a New Angel Calvin's Gift

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
My boy's at peace, and playing with his big sister Harlee. NDSDF Adoption Approved; 07/07/2009 Arrived; 07/10/2009 to 04/05/2017

Pops
67 REPLIES 67

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost wrote:
Been out of touch for over a month and was shocked to see Calvin has reported to the Rainbow Bridge. So very sorry, Lance.

May happy memories bring you comfort.

And if Calvin sends you another dog, you'll know it's meant to be.

Thank you! Not on vacation, but I've been out of pocket again for the past four days, is the reason for the delayed response.

Pops

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Been out of touch for over a month and was shocked to see Calvin has reported to the Rainbow Bridge. So very sorry, Lance.

May happy memories bring you comfort.

And if Calvin sends you another dog, you'll know it's meant to be.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
I've been out of pocket for the past five days, just got back a little while ago. Checked in, and wanted to thank you for the kind words!

Pops

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Pops, "Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay, Love isn't love till you give it away". Oscar Hammerstein wrote that for the "Sound of Music." Ok, I said it. I could not stand to be without a dog and I will never regret adopting very soon after one of mine has passed. There's someone out there waiting for you, Pops. Just sayin'!

Rita
Buttons the princess sheltie
Nicky, the spoiled Tennessee Walker

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
They never do really leave, especially if you get another. Whether it's because they're "channeling" the departed dog, or merely because you "want" to see it, you often see qualities of the old in the new. I know I have. Ironically, this is both a reason for some people to get another dog, and the same reason for others not to. Good luck and Dog bless you.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
I remember so clearly when you and Calvin met for the first time. He took to you like he knew you forever. They never really leave, you know. He is part of who you are: Someone who loved and was loved by a good dog. Several of them, as a matter of fact. That's a darned good life, in my book.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:
Pop's I think it would do you a world of good to have another companion not to mention the life you would give another rescue. It's a personal decision and one that is difficult to make.

Double ditto. I think Calvin would want another rescue helped :W
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
I know it's tough under the circumstances, but you shouldn't rule out another dog. I've had at least one since I brought Max home almost 30 years ago.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Pop's I think it would do you a world of good to have another companion not to mention the life you would give another rescue. It's a personal decision and one that is difficult to make.

Just got back my wood box with Lassie's ashes to put in the window sill by Sadie Strider and Bud.

Always nice to bring their ashes home!

Pops

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer

Just got back my wood box with Lassie's ashes to put in the window sill by Sadie Strider and Bud.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Well pop's are you going to get another dog companion? I'm trying to make that same decision myself after Lassie's passing.

It's really a tough question to answer. But the short answer is unfortunately, unless something drastically changes (mainly in-regards to living in a home, vs a motor home. Which is also based on my work). I didn't think I would come to this time in my life, where Calvin would / will be my last dog.

I've had a dog with me 24/7 for the last 12 plus years. With only a 3 or 4 day break between Baby, and when I adopted Harlee from AZ Humane Society's Sunnyslope Animal Shelter / Campus. It's been very different living without a companion / best friend!

Deb and Ed M wrote:
That keepsake box is beautiful, Pops!! Kinda like your heart 🙂

Thanks! But the gift was all Calvin! ... 🙂

Pops

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
That keepsake box is beautiful, Pops!! Kinda like your heart 🙂
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Well pop's are you going to get another dog companion? I'm trying to make that same decision myself after Lassie's passing.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Calvin's Gift to DOC:

As mentioned in my post back in page 3. Per the boy's instructions.

I ordered a Koa Wood Keepsake Box for DOC. It's crafted by Wood Craftsman, Bobby Yamauchi.

The Keepsake box was wrapped so well, to keep it safe, I didn't want to unwrap it. Here are a couple of stock photos from Martin & MacArthur's web site;

I gave it to DOC, this past Friday. And She Loved It! Boy did good, huh?

Pops