cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin rant

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
1 unit this is list of stuff I would think was above a Tiffin,this is my 4th motorhome I kind of been around the block2
2 the window on the pass. seat leaks ,just a little bit only when it rains
3 the jacks sage on driver side every 2or3 days had to raise them
4 I have a squeeky floor in the bedroom I quess that Tiffim for you
5 the swower door is hard to close it hits on the bottom real hard
6 the shower leaks bad [I quess I can caulk it!]
7 I HAVE 3TV's ALL PANISONIC SAME REMOTES YOU CHANGE CHANNELS ON 1 IT DOES IT TO ALL OF THEM YOU CANT USE HEAD PHONES SO YOU CANT HEAR YOUR OWN TV ON A DIFFERENT CHANNEL?? I DIDNT GO TO COLLEGE BUT I FIGURED IT OUT THIS IS A BAD SETUP!!
8 the storage compartment over the drivers seat is about 5 inches to shallow,my satellite reciever stickes out about 4or5 inches it fell down on me going down the road [not a pretty site] it needs to be deeper! come Tiffin I thought you were better than that
9 I have single pain windows and the latches are real hard to open
10 the switches for the water pump are a stupid setup they need to have the lighted type of switch so you can tell if it is on or not
come Tiffin I thought you were better than this

Now I know this is a used unit but still I was expecting better than this
19 REPLIES 19

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin has a great Rep so call them with the problems and see what they have to say. Best of Luck with your rig. We bought a Newmar that is 14 years old and yes we had to spend some money and possibly more for steering problems but really love this rig!! NEWMAR did a great job of organizing storage and gave us a comfortable rig!! We may go to Newmar factory and have them go over the unit but for the most part it is in GREAT shape!!
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

TropicalRV
Explorer
Explorer
Guess you can't please everyone.
Paul
2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA, Ford V-10
2002 Honda CRV 2WD

Winnipeg
Explorer
Explorer
It can certainly be frustrating to find things not as you expected when you make a major purchase. It easy to remark that the purchase inspection should have caught those things. People forget that there are a thousand things to check and it is not always possible to spend the time in the middle of making the deal.

BobGed makes a good suggestion to find a good service center or make a trip to Red Bay. Hopefully you have a bit of a contingency fund to cover it. Or, if you have more time than money (retired), maybe finding help at a campground is possible. Many campers (old guys) share common traits of possessing experience, time, and tools. Maybe you will make some friends at the same time.

Good luck.

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Red Bay is only 61 miles from the Shiloh battlefield park. Shiloh is the most inaccessible of the major battlefield parks, those interested in the War of the Rebellion could take advantage of time in Red Bay to go there.

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
sssooo wrote:
you are right I ASSUMED a lot my fault
I would love to be able to do all this maintenance but I am not able I used to do all that stuff but now I cant if anyone can come over and help please do.

I don't know where you're located in Ohio, but if you can't find a decent repair facility in your area, I would suggest making a trip to Red Bay (looks like it's about a two day drive).

While it's true you will have to pay for most of the work, it wouldn't surprise me if they either covered, or made a deal with you, on your jack problem.

Every Tiffin owner should make at least one trip to Red Bay, if for no other reason than to visit the Coon Dog Cemetary, Swamp Johns and the Rattlesnake Saloon. 🙂
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
you are right I ASSUMED a lot my fault
I would love to be able to do all this maintenance but I am not able I used to do all that stuff but now I cant if anyone can come over and help please do.

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my project had such a short list lol, but with anything you use, you expect some problems

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually that seems like a small list of stuff. RV's are maintenance and money pits.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
sssooo wrote:
I don't know what you mean ?

That's because he is not talking about your TV's but possibly about a satellite receiver. Your TV's require an IR signal so you can't change that.
The folks on the Tiffin forum have dealt with this many times so I would suggest you post there and get some answers from the folks who have been dealing with Tiffin issues (good and bad) for many, many years. You have a good coach with a couple of minor issues. I think you are taking this too personally and should take a deep breath and get the help that is readily available both on these great forums as well as the factory folks in Red Bay.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
A 4 yr old coach with 15K miles and no maintenance. It sounds like you did a poor inspection before you bought.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have a used coach. No idea how the previous owner treated it and you think everything is Tiffins fault.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
I realize you're venting, and I understand that. However as others have stated, many of the items on your list should have been observed by a detailed inspection by someone, such as yourself as a former owner of four coaches.

The size of the compartment for your satellite receiver is the one that mystifies me as that should have been very obvious. I have a large compartment on the PS that is more than adequate to accommdodate my receiver and HTS.

Regarding item #7-Remotes. Mine came with the same Panasonic system, but I have upgraded all the TVs to different models, so it's been a while. However when I had the all Panasonic system I believe they had a mode selection called EZ Sync (or something like that), that would do just what you're describing. You need to read the manual and go into the on-screen menu selctions to turn that feature off. Then each TV will work independently.

Sounds like you might have a hydraulic leak on your DS jacks, but for the most part, as others have stated, you have a four year old coach just needs some simple repairs.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno about anyone else, but that looks like a typical weekend work list to me 🙂
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
At least the window only leaks when it rains. Hate to have one that leaked when it was dry.
2013 ACE 29.2