cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

B plus with auto levelers

artitude
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in buying a B plus with automatic levelers.
Is there such a thing? Do you know of a make and model I could look into, or does this not exist?
Ken
13 REPLIES 13

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
6 pieces of 2x8x18 work just fine for me! I can buy a lot of wood for what levelers cost! And agree that scissor "stabilizers" are NOT levelers!!! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

bertible
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

A Newbie to this forum, my wife and I just having bought an 08 LTV Libero to replace our Rialta. I thought I'd post to this older thread since one of the first things I'm exploring is levelers. In my experience, the plastic ones break easily on gravel or rough ground, and I really hate carrying a selection of planks around. I had scissor jacks on the rear of my Rialta, and they worked fine but then that's only an 8000 lb vehicle.

One problem with the Libero, not sure if other B+'s too, is that even on level ground it "leans" forward. That means I'll have to level almost 100% of the time, unless I happen to be aimed up a slope. I will not be spending $4000 on hydraulic jacks, so I think I'm stuck with either 6500-7500lb scissor jacks, or carrying 2-4 bottle jacks around. Does anyone have similar experience with a forward leaning B+? To be clear, my fridge works fine, it's my beer sliding off the kitchen table that I can't abide by!

Regards,
Gary
Delta, BC
08 Leisure Travel Van Libero
Regards,
Gary
Delta, BC
2008 Leisure Travel Van Libero

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I've had 2 Lazy Daze that I had Big Foot jacks installed on. Why Big Foot you may ask....I had a small class A with HWH kick up jacks prior to the LD. As said earlier, PITA.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
We've had two Class C's with HWH Kick Down Jacks. I don't like kick down for two reasons:

1. Because of their pivots, they don't support as solidly as direct.

2. They often want to extend before kicking to vertical, then may retract without folding.

Problems with Jacks on a Class C:

1. The frame is narrow, so raising one side also raises the other side.

2. If the Class C is short, raising the rear also raises the front.

This can result in the coach being raised higher to reach level than it would be if jacks were nearer the sides/ends/corners, or if the coach is simply driven onto blocks.

I usually drive ours onto blocks. Easier to place blocks at the wheels than fish around way under trying to get a jack to go vertical.

Part of the goal of jacks is to stabilize. Again, the tight pattern the jacks have to be in with a Class C chassis reduces the stabilizing effect. Upgraded Sway Bars 1-3/8" front and 1-1/2" rear did more for stability than jacks did.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
midnightsadie wrote:
leisure travel van has them .

Not really, they have an option for two stabilizers which are not to be used to level the unit. At least that's what my owner's manual indicates and what the dealer told me when I bought it.

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
When we owned our previous Class C, I installed the Big Fool Leveling System on our Winnebago 23D Aspect. This can be a do-it-your-self project if you have moderate skills and the tools. We thoroughly enjoyed the convenience and stability of hydraulic leveling.

Perhaps do not limit yourself to just looking at motorhomes that already have levelers installed. Check out the various vendors and see what their product will accommodate.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Many Phoenix Cruisers are running around with levelers. It is an option offered and popularly chosen. New or used PCs, levelers are common on them. We elected not to get the automatic levelers of which I have mixed feelings about. The decision not to get them was primarily about the cost.

Pops
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a used 2007 Aspect without, and had HWH (straight action) installed. Sold it, and bought a used 2012 Cambria that had HWH (straight action) already on. Wood not have a RV without levelers, and have heard of problems with kick down action, that I would be sure straight action can be installed if not already on.
2012 Itasca Cambria 28T

RDJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Sunseeker 2430S has them as an option, but most roll out of the factory with them.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
leisure travel van has them .

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
we have winnebago aspect and it came with them. Monaco's had them but not sure if aftermarket install or not. Mine has a control built in, the monaco was on a cable behind drivers seat.

artitude
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks
ken

avan
Explorer
Explorer
I think they are available at least as options from most mfrs. If you buy used and find what you want in a B+ but without levelers, you can always add them aftermarket
www.putt10.net