cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at buying a Pleasure-Way

Rede2
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering buying a 2010 Pleasure Way Excel TS. It is built on the Ford Econoline Van and has the big motor. Does anyone else have one built on the Econoline and if so, how do you like it, are there any issues I should consider? I am very excited!
9 REPLIES 9

Rede2
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
You did yourself a favor, the PW units are well built and their factory support is excellent; if you have any questions about your PW just email the factory and they will give you a hand. We sure enjoyed our PW Excel for several years, still miss it!

Thank you for the information regarding emailing the factory with questions. I love it so far!!! I drove it a short distance yesterday in fairly strong winds and it held the road well.
Selling my '03 PW was interesting and rather pleasant as the people who responded were so nice. It sold for $2,000. less than I paid for it in 2011. Those who came to look at it were from out of state except for one, and the majority of my inquiries were from other women. I feel I've made a good investment!

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
You did yourself a favor, the PW units are well built and their factory support is excellent; if you have any questions about your PW just email the factory and they will give you a hand. We sure enjoyed our PW Excel for several years, still miss it!

Right on!!

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet!
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Rede2
Explorer
Explorer
I brought it home yesterday but think I should have bought a boat! It has rained all night and it still raining very hard! I am super excited. It just turned 19,000 miles!!

Click For Full-Size Image.

Rede2
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your replies! I did drive it but only about 5 miles and didn't notice any handling difficulties. It does have the spacers. I have a'03 Pleasure Way but had read of handling problems in some. It doesn't seem to have quite the power as my '03 on the Dodge Ram 3500 but it has all the things I wish mine had.

redwingfans
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 PW Excel and love it. Not sure which year PW started with the spacers, but ours has them. We have no handling issues at all. We use Copper AT3 tires, for extra traction on National Forest roads, and sandy beaches.

Defiantly take it out for a long drive for a real life experience. This should be done for any RV being purchased.
Mark and Linda
2013 Pleasure Way Excel

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I usually compare Pleasure Way to Roadtrek. Both are top tier "B" makers (well, next to the custom places like ARV or Sportsmobile.) Pleasure Way can be 10k+ cheaper than Roadtrek, and quality is virtually identical.

PW Excels are interesting. The later models with the V-10 are definitely nice. I wish I could have bought one, because it was refined with no major changes for a number of years.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
Pleasure Way quality is outstanding. We are on our second one, also built on a Ford E-350. The Econolines are mechanically excellent and reliable. The only repair we ever made was ball joint replacement at 50,000 miles.

The only issue is driveability, handling can be a problem although our Excel was a 2006 model and they may have made improvements since then. Michelin tires are a big help as are wheel spacers in the rear which I understand PW started installing as standard equipment. You can research this topic on this forum. I suggest you drive the RV and get a feel for how it handles.

Good luck! We loved our Excel.