cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carchet tpms system

mads
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Carchet tpms system with 6 sensors. I entered all the pressure and temperature data. It wants to go to the 4 sensor settings. The 6 sensor settings are in the system. How do I stop it from continuing onto the 4 sensor settings?
22 REPLIES 22

mads
Explorer
Explorer
sparker525 wrote:
How has this system worked for you so far? If youโ€™re still satisfied, would you mind sharing the info you learned during the install? Thank you!

I used 3 different external tpms and had valve stem problems with all 3. Switched to the Dill internal one and no problems for 1000s of miles. Well worth the extra money. Check with Discount Tire for cost to buy and install.

sparker525
Explorer
Explorer
How has this system worked for you so far? If youโ€™re still satisfied, would you mind sharing the info you learned during the install? Thank you!

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Who uses this stuff anyway? I am guessing that 99% of RVers do not have a TPMS installed. The other 1% are very happy that they do. Which slice of the RVing community is right? The 1% or the 99%?

I came within minutes of loosing a $400 tire, which I did not know was flat.

By the way it was flat because of one of the fancy stainless braided valve extensions failed.

Did you ever see how much damage a catastrophic blowout can do, will easily cover the cost of a TPMS!

Likely a big portion of the 99% do not know what a load and inflation table is and air their tires to the max pressure on the sidewall to save gas.

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Who uses this stuff anyway? I am guessing that 99% of RVers do not have a TPMS installed. The other 1% are very happy that they do. Which slice of the RVing community is right? The 1% or the 99%?

I had a brake dragging between stops that overheated the bearings and took out the axle. Stuck at the side of the road for 5 hours until AAA could get a flatbed there, $1000 more for a rental unit in Myrtle Beach so this didn't ruin our vacation and then $1200 more for a new axle plus another trip to Myrtle beach 6 weeks later to get the trailer. Now I have a TPMS that monitors pressure and temperature just in case . The $300 for that would have saved me $2500 at least, all of the headaches, nearly ruined vacation and dangerous situation.

To each their own but TPMS for me now.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

mads
Explorer
Explorer
stripit I agree it is a personal choice. A brother-in-law had a blowout and almost lost his motorhome. He now has a tpms system.

I thought we had a tpms system on our Sprinter 3500 based motorhome but a dual tire blew out and I didn't know it. Took it in to have all the tires checked and ended up with a new tire as the old one was completely ruined. I didn't have an accident but I think I was lucky to be driving with only one tire working on the one side. That was when I discovered no tpms and I bought this model as soon as possible. I am primarily interested in the range ends for both pressure and temperature so the small monitor works just fine for me.

mads
Explorer
Explorer
Bob3Putt I bought mine from Amazon. I contacted the Amazon seller and had absolutely great responses from them. I first tried the carchet company route as I think you did - no response. I had 1 bad sensor and the Amazon seller sent me a new one at no charge.

I also bought new batteries from Amazon and replaced the batteries in 2 sensors that wouldn't keep sending. I think the old batteries were weak and only worked at first each time I drove and then quickly ran out.

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:

When I was selling the TST Tire pressure system, seemed like most all my sales were to someone who had had a blow out, flat tire they didn't know was flat while driving some distance or knew someone with a tire horror story. Having a devise that is keeping an eye on the tire while it is rolling along at 50-60 or 70mph give many folks piece of mind. Being able to catch a possible failing tire before it causes hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of damage has to be helpful. Besides having a tire issue that sticks you on the side of some expressway or road is not a safe place to be stuck. If your aware of a tire issue before it fails sometimes you can plan your exit place and find a safe spot. Some folks feel they are a total waste of money, thats fine, others feel they give some insurance, and will spend the money for piece of mind. Everyone sets their own limits on what they want to deal with.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:

If you're a short distance weekender, it's a bell-and-whistle toy. If you're on the road a lot, in hot weather and/or on rough roads, it's probably more useful. I suppose if it saves you from dealing with a major, vehicle damaging blowout, it paid for itself.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
I looked these things over and bought the 4 sensor model thinking I could use them on my duallys. Even I should notice if I get a flat on the front : ) Anyway they pressures are never accurate, I have tested it numerous times and it will always notify me of a low pressure.

Out of curiosity I tried the 4 sensors on my pickup truck and they work perfectly! The only suggestion is try them on another vehicle and see if they work at all.

Bob3Putt
Explorer
Explorer
I have installed the Carchet Tire Pressure Monitoring System on my 5th wheel trailer. It is installed according to directions and I have been out with it a few times. I works initially but the pressure readings for one or more tires randomly drops to 0 setting off the alarm. I have pulled off the highway several times to check the tires only to find that nothing is wrong. The sensors are about 15 ft from the repeater. The repeater is about 15 ft from the display.

There is no technical assistance or customer service phone number listed in the manual. Only and email address is given. I have contacted them but have received no reply. So I seem to be stuck with a useless system and still have no way of knowing when I get a flat. Any ideas?

mads
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the explanation. I had search on just "tpms" and then narrowed it to 6 sensors.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I just searched on "Carchet TPMS" at Amazon, and that's what came up. My apologies if anyone was misled...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mads
Explorer
Explorer
Thabk you for your response. I couldn't understand the comment since my purchase was 6 sensors.