cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Many say get FL mail service, but which one do you have?

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Which service do you recommend. How long will they HOLD your mail. Do you use the open/scan feature---security concerns? Contracts? Any month to month or is 6 months the general minimum? Thanks in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Helen j wrote:
Interested in mail service how do I find out more info?

Just Google Escapees. But I think it's escapees.com

or

St. Brendan's Isle Mail service in Green Cove Springs, Fl.

- sbimailservice.com

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have used Escapees out of Livingston, TX. for 14 years. Outstanding service!

Helen_j
Explorer
Explorer
Interested in mail service how do I find out more info?

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Tough to beat St. Brendan's for service. We have had them now for 3-4 years as our snowbird mail service, and it's been great. They scan the front of all first class mail and post those scans to view online. They send you an email when you get mail, put the junk mail in the trash where it belongs, and will open and scan any of your mail for a small fee. I can literally end up not handling a piece of mail for months. If something is important, like a tax document, or bill that can't be paid online, I have them scan it and I print it out. I never had a single mail problem that I can attribute to a mistake that SBI made.

All of my mail problems have been USPS screw ups, which the US post office handles in two ways. First they deny that there is even a possibility that they could of done such a thing. Option two is to admit that it probably happened, but they will do nothing to correct it.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Another Saint Brendan's Isle user. Been with them for over a year now and have never had an issue.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
We
WE have American Home Base out of Pensacola, Fl. $15 a month. They send it however you want it, and we pay the postage from our account.
If you need something opened they do it. Need it scanned, I think it is a $5 charge, but not sure. Rarely have used that in our 8 yrs on the road.
Bills paid on line. We tell them to toss junk mail and we don't do any magazine or catalogs.
We were Fl residents in another area for 30 yrs before hitting the road. The Pensacola zip code is great for our health/ auto insurance rates!
It is even a little cheaper rate (health/auto) if you use Escapees out of Crestview, I believe, but check!
Florida is also great as far as our taxable income, savings, retirement etc.

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
GoodSamMailService wrote:
Just wanted to make a slight correction. MyRVmail is located in Crestview FL, not Escapees

Oops my bad. I meant Goodsam, and they also have reduced rates for Passport America members. I did know MyRVmail is in Crestview at least! :S

FloridaNative49
Explorer
Explorer
Good advice

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I had UPS Store service for five years and all was well until the store was sold. The new owners couldn't find their hindquarters with both hands. It all depends on the operators.
-jbh-

GoodSamMailServ
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to make a slight correction. MyRVmail is located in Crestview FL, not Escapees

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We went a different route.
When we went full time, we changed our US mail address to that of our daughter. When we talk, we ask about what mail we have received. (Most important things like bills and such are handled online) She sorts out the junk, and saves the rest to send to an address we give. Real important items can be scanned and and sent via email.
I like the fact that someone that I know is handling our mail.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Been using the Escapees service in Crestview Fl. for three years. No problems at all, and folks there are easy to work with. They will hold mail indefinitely. I have only used the scan option a couple times; they have given me no reason to be concerned. There are no contracts; you just pay for monthly blocks. I think 3 mos is the minimum but the longer the block, the lower the price. Myrvmail.com

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I use Escapees Mail service out of Livingston, Texas. They haven't failed me yet.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time. Been using St Brendan's Isle for about 4 years now. Works great.