cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Presure

Roamin_
Explorer
Explorer
I need the tire pressure for 8 yokohama motorhome tires. They put 110 psi in the front, 90 in the duels and 80 in the tag. Any tips? Thanks in advance. Oh, tire size is 295/80r
17 REPLIES 17

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my 3rd set of Michelins and ready for a 4th. I've never weighed the coach and use 105psi on front tires and 100-105 on rear dullies. Never had any tire issues on the road.The only tire pressure issues I've had are w/ extenders and TPMS systems causing leaks.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
And to the OP, you have been a member for a long time.... I was just 'jabbin' atcha.
:W :W :W

Maybe you'll chime in with your coach and weights.

Safe travels to all and Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:
Oh Bill, I was joking (didn't you see the rolling eye emoji?)..... and, this is the Internet, everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nobody knows what he's driving or his weights. ๐Ÿ˜›
MM.

No, I missed the emoji as did likely everyone else! "This is the Internet"....great justification!
I did clarify that you later said you were joking. It just happened to be one of those jokes that falls flat. My wife tells me my jokes do the same thing on a regular basis.
No matter, let's all just agree that there is no way to answer the OP's question with the information provided.

As the kids would say, "Chiil-lax dude."

Even IF the OP did a '4 corner weigh' it's still 'measuring with a micrometer and cutting with an axe' kind of stuff.

The average retail tire pressure gauge is, at ~100 PSI, only accurate to about +/- 5 PSI.

So with a 10 PSI variance in the readings, on top of probably at least that much more again in thermally induced variance, the sticker in the door is about as close as anyone needs to be.

Happy Easter.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr.Mark wrote:
Oh Bill, I was joking (didn't you see the rolling eye emoji?)..... and, this is the Internet, everything should be taken with a grain of salt.

MM.

No, I missed the emoji as did likely everyone else! "This is the Internet"....great justification!
I did clarify that you later said you were joking. It just happened to be one of those jokes that falls flat. My wife tells me my jokes do the same thing on a regular basis.
No matter, let's all just agree that there is no way to answer the OP's question with the information provided.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer

MM.
Mr.Mark

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mr.Mark wrote:
Roamin, with your particular motothome and weight you need:

Front 135 lbs
Drive 125 lbs
Tag 110 lbs.

MM. :R

This is not correct! Please do not use this information.
Without information about the 4 corner weights for your coach no one can answer this question. In any case, never inflate the tires (cold) to any pressure than that listed on the sidewall max. pressure.
I see that he said it was a joke but not a funny one to someone who does not understand anything about tires.
Let us know what kind of coach and, most importantly, how much it "actually" weighs. Even if you have the weight from a local truck stop scale this will be a good guide but it's really not going to be accurate unless you have all 4 corners (6 actually with a tag) weighed.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:

Oh Doug, I was joking..... we have nothing to go on.... no motorhome and no weights. ๐Ÿ˜›

Bad joke. Really BAD.
Some people take suggestions blindly, which in this case could be dangerous.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Mr.Mark wrote:

Front 135 lbs
Drive 125 lbs
Tag 110 lbs.

Curious, I have NEVER seen PSI in a motorhome tire above the MAX of 120. Where did you come up with 135? AND, how do you know what motorhome he has? It is not on his profile or posts.

Oh Doug, I was joking..... we have nothing to go on.... no motorhome and no weights. ๐Ÿ˜›

MM.
Mr.Mark

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does the MFG of the coach suggest?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Mr.Mark wrote:

Front 135 lbs
Drive 125 lbs
Tag 110 lbs.

Curious, I have NEVER seen PSI in a motorhome tire above the MAX of 120. Where did you come up with 135? AND, how do you know what motorhome he has? It is not on his profile or posts.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP posted at 1:31 this morning... he's probably still asleep!
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
William B wrote:
You don't say what kind of motorhome you have, or what it weighs. You need to look at the sticker in your motorhome for the manufacturer's pressure.

Impossible to answer your question without the above information.
The original manufacturers recommendation is a good place to start.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer

Front 135 lbs
Drive 125 lbs
Tag 110 lbs.

Mr.Mark

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
As discussed on this forum about once a week, weigh it loaded for travel and adjust psi based on tire manufacturers chart.
2013 ACE 29.2