cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1990 P30 454 Chevy Radiator For a Fleetwood Cambria

Yoster
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, this is the 7.4L V8 engine by the way, I'm prepping this fine machine for some long summer hauls, it's got low miles but has aged in the elements and I appear to have a rotten radiator core. The parts store didnt get the correct radiator for the chassis, so I returned it, and the only other thing I can find it being is the CU 308 radiator, which would be difficult and expensive to find. So im also thinking olaboit a recore also. The thing is the CU 308 looks different also, the way thebradiator sits under the cab requires the fill spout to come out of the front and not the top. Any info or ideas would be highly appreciated!
17 REPLIES 17

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
Glad the old girl is running

Yoster
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to bring this topic back so late but just wanted to report after calling Fleetwood and then the big Chevy dealer in Fort Wayne IN I finally got a manufacturer's part number, which led me to the Spectra CU1544 radiator that is luckily still made and sold for a modest 207 on Amazon. that Delphi mentioned earlier also works, but expensive. Took the rig out across Talimena drive yesterday and it ran beautifully and not too hot. Thanks for the help!

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled mine out and got it recored about a half a dozen years ago. It was a 4 row with 3/8" tubes. stayed with the 4 row but put in 5/8" tubes been running fine ever since. Around $500 to recore.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

noleakman
Explorer
Explorer
Get a new core is cheaper and will fit right and a good core is better than a new foreign radiator!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You don't want to have to solder the radiator inlet. It should come pre-installed.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Yoster
Explorer
Explorer
Emblethen But that Delphi doesnt either right? I'd imagine it would come as a seperate piece so it doesn't get damaged in shipping.

I actually have it coming in this afternoon with Autozone, I have a good guy helping me over there so its nice because I can return it if it doesn't fit and dont have to pay shipping either way. Only thing is I hope it isnt damaged like the last one that wasn't right anyways.

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
Almost forgot Central Radiator was cheaper than any auto parts store.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge

db7512
Explorer
Explorer
Try calling Central Radiator District Inc at 501-490-1483. The best place I have found for any radiator hands down. They are located in Little Rock Arkansas and they ship.
2016 Newmar Ventana
2016 Ford Edge

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Link item does not appear to have fill neck.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Yoster
Explorer
Explorer
Well I spent the day working on this, nobody was giving me any good info, that Delphi looked like it may have worked, but I ended up talking to Chevy, and getting the manufacturer's number of the original radiator, and it has pulled up the CU 1544, which looks to be correct, will find out soon, here's a link. https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-CU1544-Complete-Radiator/dp/B000RD71OS

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
call up Complete Radiator in Orlando FL, they do shipping, should not be near 2400. It may be a grand as they don't know you. shipping price be the pits/

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would go by an O'Reilly auto parts. They are not showing on website.
Here is one from Delphi.
Delphi

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Call Fleetwood and ask them. They are very helpful and will direct you in the right direction.
They might even be able to order you one up.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Yoster
Explorer
Explorer
Can you guys confirm to me what kind of radiator it is, cause the CU 308 is not it.