cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3rd time is a charm

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
I have been a member of the forum for about 5.5 years and this is our 3rd TT in that time. As the kids grow, so did our wants and needs. Having a boy and girl and my son to be in high school next year, we wanted to give them their space to ensure they continue to be want hang out with mom and dad and go camping.

Here is our new TT. Been out one time so far (pictured), heading down to a fort Desoto. Having 3 slides, it truly feels like a moving hotel room. The golf cart is something we bought last year and had been a nice addition. She is heavy and big, but tows nicely. We have a big 2 week trip planned this summer up to Maine.

2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291
10 REPLIES 10

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your comments. No worries on the squat, I am well aware that it was there and strictly due to the cart. I knew the picture would bring the comments, I am a very detailed and observant person myself and said the same thing when I hooked it up. When we head back out with the cart. I will adjust my shocks and go one more link on the WD chain. But, I just wanted to share. I appreciate the comment on the cart, I am not sure I want to back it up the ramps as the bed is fairly high and ramps are steep, but I think I will give it a try.

I will agree that the fit and finish is not the best compared to our Laredo, but based on our budget, we wanted bigger and could not do that in the higher end TT's.

The kitchen slide is incredible and for the kids to have their own room and couch is great. I also like that the living area windows are on the curb side, we can now see out to the campsite and have better views. (The con is that the main slide is also on the curb side so less room outside) Oh well, can't have it all I guess.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
DownTheAvenue wrote:
MitchF150 wrote:
That thing probably has more SQFT than my first apartment when I first got married! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice rig, but looks to be riding a bit low in the back? Do you have a "level" kit on the front? Might want to consider some bags to at least level it out some??

Otherwise, nice rig... When I was a kid, we had a 1971 F250 reg cab "Custom" with a slide in camper shell (no cap over) and towed a 26' 1976 Taurus "Bunk House" TT and thought that was being spoiled! ha, ha!! My sister and I and the dog rode in the camper shell! It was AWESOME and those times made a lot of good child hood memories for me and my family.. Wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Best of luck to ya and make those memories now, because it's all you have!

Mitch

Can't you just compliment the guy on his new RV and move on? Oh no, you had to throw in a negative comment and then brag about something you did.

Relax, comments were not negative but a helpful suggestion.
The rig is clearly not level,the towing experience will be better if everything is level.
Maybe the OP is already aware and has a leveling plan. Maybe the comments will be beneficial to the OP.
Either way the OP has a nice combo that just needs a little fine tuning.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking combo. My advice would be to get some air bags. Then load the golf cart in and air the trucks rear up to it's original height. The hitch up the TT.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun with your newest toy!

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
It looks really good. Fellow Avenger owner here, Go over yours with a fine tooth comb. Ours( 2014 27RLS Touring Edition)was a nightmare the first year. Check your window gaskets. One of ours was installed upside down with the expansion gap on the TOP of the window.It leaked when the awning was closed our dealer never found the cause,I did.
The "tile" border over the kitchen counter bubbled and slide down the wall, I peeled it off, the glue didn't stick to the wall.
The shower drain was never connected to the drain lines,3 showers ran into the underbelly before we saw water dripping.
Both door windows had to be sealed.
And took 3 months for Prime time to replace shower door that was cut 3/4 of an inch out of square. The trailer Did NOT have one of their Rain Tunnel stickers on it that they brag about in the video.

I hope you have an awesome camper and build many happy memories. Ours now suits our needs and has been great now that the gremlins are gone.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
That thing probably has more SQFT than my first apartment when I first got married! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice rig, but looks to be riding a bit low in the back? Do you have a "level" kit on the front? Might want to consider some bags to at least level it out some??

Otherwise, nice rig... When I was a kid, we had a 1971 F250 reg cab "Custom" with a slide in camper shell (no cap over) and towed a 26' 1976 Taurus "Bunk House" TT and thought that was being spoiled! ha, ha!! My sister and I and the dog rode in the camper shell! It was AWESOME and those times made a lot of good child hood memories for me and my family.. Wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Mitch

Can't you just compliment the guy on his new RV and move on? Oh no, you had to throw in a negative comment and then brag about something you did.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Nice rig!
Try turning the golf cart around. That will put more weight toward the front of the truck.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice rig, the T.T. color even matches the trim on your T.V. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks and nice memories for you for sure.

Yes, she is squatting and yes I did install a leveling kit on the front. This was the first time with this TT and the golf cart and that was a lot of weight. These 350's are known for the soft suspensions when you get them loaded, especially with a lot of tongue weight and payload. I did not adjust either the bars or my shocks (rancho adjustable) as the trip is only about an hour away and is not a big deal. Without the cart, it is perfectly level and we don't usually have the cart. Especially not for the summer trip, just the local ones.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.