cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Planning a vacation to pick up new puppy

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
We will be adding a puppy to our pack. I will be getting a female working bred border collie. My Nell will be retiring in a few years and I will need another to fill her working shoes. In order to have one ready to set into Nell's shoes when she's ready to retire; I'll need time to raise and train one (about 2 years). This female might be bred to either Grant or Lee; depending upon how good of a working dog she becomes.

The litter of 7 was born April 11th and I get first pick of the 5 females. The litter is in IN west of Indianapolis. Our vacation plans are to meet the breeder at a sheepdog trial in Lake Geneva WI next month. Now I just need to pick a few names I like and choose one that suits the pup I pick.

Sorry, no photos at this time.

Mark
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M
47 REPLIES 47

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
You can tell she's growing. Very cute! Thanks, Pops, for the direct links!

Rita

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing the vids, Mark. She's looking really good!

Here's the direct link to Fern's videos;

Fern helps with yard work

Fern learning fetch

Pops

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Great as long as you don't gather the lawn clippings with a hay or pitch fork!

:B
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Fern is growing fast and is getting quite bold. She likes helping with yard work.

http://youtu.be/XcLToFCLxkk

Being a Border Collie she has taken to playing fetch with a ball.

http://youtu.be/ubDA-vfHDhM

She knows sit, almost has down, understands no, almost has "hurry up" (our bathroom command), is waking on leash nicely. She was making it through the night within the first week. She is all wiggles when she sees me ๐Ÿ™‚
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
2007 Nash 22M

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, never eaten one.

Hmmmm, Moss is a common male name; do you eat that too?:B
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Not very fair question: do you know what fiddleheads are? illustrations of fiddleheads

Sorry, but this is time of the year when we eat immature ferns up here.

:C
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
One of the times she whined and then screamed on the drive home was her asking to go to the bathroom; shortly after screaming she circled in her crate and then pooped. Unfortunately traveling on I70 through downtown Indianapolis did not provide us with a place to pull off until after she messed in her crate.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
That's neat she asked to go out at such a early age. It's funny how (they) know there home. My new addition Cooper made himself right at home.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
She let us know immediately on our way home that she has a good set of lungs. Fortunately she did wear herself out screaming and ended up sleeping most of the way home (about 11hrs in the van). Can't blame her for screaming; she was by herself in a crate with the ground moving and shaking for the first time in her life.

She came in our house confident and relaxed about being there. Asked to go out at 3am; no mess in her crate.
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
What a sweet puppy!

Rita

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking pup.

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer

Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Safe travels!! Fern is a cutie!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
First we have 4 days competing in Lake Geneva, then pick up pup and drive home
Mark & Renee
2007 Nash 22M