cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Look at my captain chair repairs

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to ya'll to see my seats after having them repaired. Both driver and passenger captain chair seat bottoms were looking poorly. Before and after pictures are unbelievable to me. I'm a happy camper.

:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
15 REPLIES 15

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I bookmarked the website, but hope I remember it if I need when I find my next RV
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
They look great! Thanks for the link to their website.
Naturally, only ONE location here in New York State!
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

Bruce_Brown
They look good - nice job.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
For those wanting additional information:

Fibernew (Click for their web site) is the company I had do the work. They have franchises all over Canada and the US in addition to 3 other countries. They came to my house and only needed access to electricity. The work took about 3 hours or so.

It is the same fabric as before and not reupholstered. Basically the procedure was deep clean the leather, sand down the ridges where the cracks are, fill the cracks, dye the leather back to factory color (they can also change the color if you want) then put a finish sheen on their work.

My seats were only looking bad on the seat bottoms. The back, head rest and arms were in good condition. Costs will depend on what all you want done but doing the passenger seat (pictured) was $175 and doing the drivers seat was an extra $50. I know you can't get one done for just the $50 as there is a minimum price. My driver seat was no where near as bad as the passenger but it did have some cracks in it. I didn't want to have to call them back in a few months to do the drivers seat so I had it refinished at the same time.

If you go to their web site, you can see work they do and how it's done. There are also YouTube videos. They've been in business since 1985. The work has a one year warranty but my guy said it will last for years.

BTW, they repair fabric, vinyl, plastic dash, etc not just leather.

jwolf55
Explorer
Explorer
let us in on your secret.
Jay Wolf
Vincennes IN
2000 National Tradewinds 7373

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Please tell us how this was done. Mine look like the one on the left. Also the ones in my car could use this.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, the pics are showing up now! I thought it was reupholstered but it appears it's the same fabric somehow renewed? Excellent results.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

magik235
Explorer
Explorer
Outstanding improvement

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I dont see um. ๐Ÿ˜•

Try THIS link.

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what bright white is (other than light bulbs and teeth whitening) but it was done by a company called FibreNew. They refinish upholstery.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
You need to double click on it. Wow nice work.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Hiking_Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Zoom in a little bit...
Amateur Radio WA4GIY
2015 Montana High Country 305RL
2013 RAM 3500 4x4, crew cab, long bed, 6.7 CTD, Aisin trans.
CGVW 20460 Lbs.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must be bright white. They blend right into the background. Grin!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
They look great. So bright and clean.