cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aliners

Stumps
Explorer
Explorer
Ready to purchase a new unit, seriously considering the Aliners.

Any current or past owners with any thoughts? feedback? likes/dislikes?

We don't full time, the most we would do aside from weekends would be one two-week trip each summer. Thanks!
popups sold. searching for my next camper
8 REPLIES 8

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
Considering that you've explained your use, it would be perfect.

I bought a 2013 Scout, and then a 2016 Expedition, and love it. Unless your planning to spend all of your "camping" time in the camper, you'll be fine.

2freelife
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Expedition with a toilet. Love this trailer. Easy to pull. I have everything I need. It only takes 5 or less minutes to set up. Great on gas. We used to travel with a 35 ft 5th wheel. I have to say this is so much less stressful. Plus we don't tend to sit inside in recliners watching t.v., although I do have t.v. for late evening if I want. I'm planning a 3 month extended vacation soon. I'm having solar installed so I can access more national & state parks which are a 100 times more beautiful & peaceful than regular r.v. parks. This wouldn't be for everyone I guess, but I'm sure glad it's mine.

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
I have had three Aliners over the years and have enjoyed them all. My use was not so much for traditional camping" but rather for traveling where I would not stay more than a couple of nights in one place. I have also had other folding and non-folding trailers in the past and they all require maintenance and fixing little things. Personally I like the fact the Aliners setup and fold-up quickly and while not as much space as a square non-folding unit, towing it down the road is a breeze.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Aliner Expedition and really liked it. I sold it (after messing up my back, but not on the trailer) and bought a Chalet later. The Chalet has a hydraulic lift that makes raising the roof easy, but even the Aliner's not bad if you're in reasonable shape. I believe Chalet is a little better quality. I sold the Chalet later for reasons not having to do with the trailer itself.

I love the open feel and light in these hardside popups, and they also feel very safe. Be aware that you can have some problems if you try to put them up or take down in high winds, and be sure you get a high wind kit (a very simple bit of wiring that keeps the two roof panels from flipping apart in the wind). I had both in high winds and it was a bit scary compared to a hardside trailer (I've also had those). But I love them and will probably eventually get another. Resale value is very good and they are quick to sell. There are other treads about them here. I actually made money on both trailers.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2010 used Aliner in 2014, from a couple who'd upgraded to a small Airstream, and I kept it for 1 year. I missed being able to stop and quickly jump into the trailer for a snack, a bathroom break, a lunch, etc. The door didn't align well. Several little things went wrong in that year, like the curbside window not closing right. All storage is down low, so be prepared to bend over... a lot. Storage is limited, too; I know one couple who carried bins of stuff in their vehicle, and brought the bins into the Aliner every time they set up camp. Also I got a bit of a sore back from doing dishes because the counter is so low, even though I'm only 5'8" (mine wasn't a high wall, which might make a difference).

I think I got $500 less than what I paid, after a year of use.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
While good clean used Aliners can be hard to find they are worth hunting for. We found a nice Classic in "as new" condition for thousands less than a new one. They tow like a dream and are very roomy but the lack of a formal bathroom and a minimalist kitchen had us moving up to a conventional TT in just a year.

I did sell it in a heartbeat for what I paid for it so no complaints. Aliners are a great way to introduce your family to camping for not a lot of money.

:C

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure you spend some time inside one and think about all the tasks that one does within and how that particular rig would work for you.
It might pay to search this Forum for `Aliner' to read what folks have already posted.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)