cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stink bugs?

acritzer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have a good solution to stink bug invasion? I've now put off 3 of the "fogger" bombs. I think they're laughing at me.

Not sure if the design of the trailer, so many cabinets, drawers, spaces, etc are making the fogger ineffective. Or if it's just a bad product.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have used this for the worst bugs we have around here. I don't know if it will work for them. You will have to read the label.

https://www.amazon.com/Tempo-Control-Insecticide-Spiders-Silverfish/dp/B0041ND0ZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
For the most part, stink bugs are immune to anything less than VX or Sarin nerve agents, and I'm not sure they'd succumb to those. A little dawn or other soap in a bucket of water will kill them, because they drown.

We've had them here in Virginia now for several years, and the best way to deal with them is a vacuum cleaner. Just suck them up as you find them, they'll die in the bag after a while.

Friend of mine has an orchard and he says he's applied the strongest insecticides the EPA will allow. He sprays in the morning, the ground is covered with stink bugs by noon, and by sunset, every last one of them is back up in the trees munching away. So if you want to bomb/fog/spray and be done with it, they will laugh at you.

IMO that's a pretty good assessment of the problem and I can only add to use a BFH which is pretty effective, but does leave a nasty aftermath.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

westend
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
Redterpos3 wrote:
Those things look prehistoric to me!

Don't they just?
Prolly related to waterbugs (shudder).
I'm all for chemical warfare against bugs.

And that's the real truth. Some of these species have been around for a long time and have adapted to many environments.

The other, more telling aspect, is that they have the numbers. Going to war against an enemy that has infinite numbers of recruits is not a well thought out plan.

I've had my skirmishes with some insects but I always think of the alternative of coexisting before declaring "it's on". Another aspect is that some insects either eliminate others or are beneficial to our lives.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Redterpos3 wrote:

Don't they just?
Prolly related to waterbugs (shudder).
I'm all for chemical warfare against bugs.

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
https://knowledgeweighsnothing.com/amazing-diy-stink-bug-trap-that-catches-100s-of-stink-bugs-a-nigh... don't know if it works or not but worth a try??
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

acritzer
Explorer II
Explorer II
naturist wrote:
For the most part, stink bugs are immune to anything less than VX or Sarin nerve agents, and I'm not sure they'd succumb to those. A little dawn or other soap in a bucket of water will kill them, because they drown.

We've had them here in Virginia now for several years, and the best way to deal with them is a vacuum cleaner. Just suck them up as you find them, they'll die in the bag after a while.

Friend of mine has an orchard and he says he's applied the strongest insecticides the EPA will allow. He sprays in the morning, the ground is covered with stink bugs by noon, and by sunset, every last one of them is back up in the trees munching away. So if you want to bomb/fog/spray and be done with it, they will laugh at you.

Haha. Not leaving me with much hope!

naturist
Nomad
Nomad

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were invaded with them last fall in IL. When we saw one, husband just scooped them up with his hand and threw them outside. Saw many the first couple of weeks, than a few each day, down to seeing one or two every few weeks. Whey went to TX with us for the winter. April now and have not seen one for about a month. Didn't want to spray anything inside, especially on the ceiling of the motorhome as it's that white carpet stuff.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Spray bottle filled with a few drops of Dawn dish soap and water works wonders for killing them.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Stink bug post
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman