Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PInting the cabinets

leukass
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

I have a few questions for those of you that painted your cabinets. Too much paneling and wood grain, we are going to paint the kictchen, bathroom, and bedroom cabinets white. Here are my questions...
The rig is a 97 Fleetwood Tioga 31 -

So the kitchen have some plastic trim pieces thru the kitchen, did you paint those?

Also on the slide side there is material around the slide border - anyone remove this material? I am thinking to just pull off the material, and I can patch the holes and same and paint those area's...
4 REPLIES 4

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
leukass wrote:
Hello All,

I have a few questions for those of you that painted your cabinets. Too much paneling and wood grain, we are going to paint the kictchen, bathroom, and bedroom cabinets white. Here are my questions...
The rig is a 97 Fleetwood Tioga 31 -

So the kitchen have some plastic trim pieces thru the kitchen, did you paint those?

Also on the slide side there is material around the slide border - anyone remove this material? I am thinking to just pull off the material, and I can patch the holes and same and paint those area's...

Nowadays they have paint for anything,even plastic,best thing to do is take whatever needs painting to the paint store and ask them what paint to use..
I used exterior latex for plastic bits on houses doors with great succes

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
As Scott said, many RVs, especially entry level and mid range models, have a paper veneer wood print affixed to the cabinets and sometimes even to the wall paneling. Painting is very often not possible.

leukass
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
You might try it in one place first. Some have reported that the paint softened the adhesive that holds the paper veneer on the cabinet and they ended up with a mess.

Good luck,
Scott

Ugh- really?!- I never even thought of that... not good...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You might try it in one place first. Some have reported that the paint softened the adhesive that holds the paper veneer on the cabinet and they ended up with a mess.

Good luck,
Scott