cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Prime Time Tracer 230FBS slide issues

patinlouisiana
Explorer
Explorer
My slide does not go out. Makes no sound so I assume it is an electrical issue. All the fuses & breakers are ok.
Does anyone know if there is a separate "reset" somewhere for the slide control?
I never get lost! Someone always tells me where to go!

2012 Prime time Tracer 230FBS Touring Edition
2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4X2
7 REPLIES 7

patinlouisiana
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks pyro I'll give that a try.

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
One of my slide always gets stuck in the closed position. I have to go underneath the trailer and their is a access panel near the motor. Open it up and you will see the motor and then on 1 side should be a hex blot that you can ratchet open. Its the manual override that you can find literature on lipperts website. I have to do 3-4 cranks and then the motor is able to take over.
2005 F-150 King Ranch
2010 Keystone Outback 312BH

patinlouisiana
Explorer
Explorer
I disconnected the "Shore power" and the battery had plenty of juice to run the tongue jack but I do not know what amperage that takes. The fact that I do not hear any relay clicks or anything when I hit the slide switch make me think perhaps a bad switch but then how likely is that?
Guess I'll drag it to the dealer.

Thanks!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
patinlouisiana wrote:
Thanks I'll check that.
However all the light & A/C are working.

The AC runs off shore power 120, as will the lights, even though 12v, draws very little power. Normally shore power/converter power, is not enough for a high draw, such as slide operation, but also requires a mostly charged battery.

Jerry

troubledwaters
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the slide, yes there very well may be a reset. In order to know for sure, you'll have to find the "Controller", if you have one. Mine is a black box, underneath the refrigerator, in a panel that you have to remove. The panel is not normally removable but is only held on with a few small staples. The only way I found the controller was taking off the removable panel next to it (for the water heater bypass) and sticking my head in there with a flashlight. Until you find that controller you won't know what to fix. If you knew the make, model, and type of the slide it was be easier to figure out how to help you.

patinlouisiana
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I'll check that.
However all the light & A/C are working.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is your battery fully charged? There is a in-line circuit breaker, not far from the battery, that should reset, but may be faulty.

Jerry