cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

aftermarket towing mirrors

LAJMINNIEPLUS
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here bought these or similar aftermarket towing mirrors? If so did any of the functions work without buying an additional wiring harness from GM? I have a 2016 Sierra 1500 with DL-8 mirrors. I have been told by GM that I need the additional wiring harness if I buy the GM factory equivalent to these mirrors. $700 is a little too much for my blood. Thanks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Truck-14-16-Chrome-Tow-Power-Heat-LED-Mirror-Set-/252856373164?hash=item3adf6a0fac:g:498AAOSw03lY7B3s&vxp=mtr
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Mck
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some aftermarket mirrors from eBay for my dodge, I believe the brand is koolvue? The first two arrived broken in the box. The seller quickly sent two more. When i installed them I noticed the tint on one was dark for some reason, and the mirror was refectling strangly. When on object moved across it it kind of bumped up and down almost like it was wavy. The seller replaced that one. I've had them for about 5 years now with no problems. Easy to mount, didn't need an extra wiring harness like some had said, and a fraction of factory mirrors cost. Research the seller before you purchase and make sure they have a good return policy. Go with one with a lot of sales and a good reting.

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a pair of extendable power mirrors from eBay a couple of years ago for my 2012 Silverado and they were extremely easy to install. Plugs were exactly the same as the OEM mirrors. Less than$100 and I sold the OEM mirrors on Craigslist for $60.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.