cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Coachman 32 ' driveshaft vibration ( help)

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
We purshased a 2015 Coachman Lepracan 32' with less than 1800 mile about six months back, and having balanced the Michlen tires, replacing the 4 rear tires, have now honed in on the area of the noise and vibration. I assume I have no Warrenty since I'm the second owner, but it's driving me Nut!!!!
In the floor right about 3/4's back barefooted the floor is vibrating like crazy above 40 mph. Starts with a deep roar like tire inbalance ( thought the old tires could have been ruined due to 1800 miles and sitting for 8 months half flat).
Looks to be a CV joint type connection as well as a universal joint as well in that area. How in the heck can a New vehicle have this problem ??? Any ideas or thoughts appreciated.
Jamie in Alabama
7 REPLIES 7

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the tips. I'll take it to a shop next week and see what they can find. I'll reply whats found.

TippleUnduly
Explorer
Explorer
I just took possession of a new 2018 Leprechaun 260 on a Chevy. It has an annoying vibration at 53-65 MPH. Balancing the fronts did little to help. I now have an appt. with a truck alignment shop next week. I suspect driveline alignment issues. Wish me luck! Hoping that Coachmen will honor some sort of warranty on this.
Bill K

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2005 32 foot Southwind with a bad vibration. I marked all the joints/splines and carriers, removed it and took it to a shop. He started spinning different sections and then together and figured out that I was actually a lottery winner and hadn't realized it. Out of all the millions of splined yokes that are made each year I somehow got one that was not concentric. The center of the spline bore was not in the center of the u-joint yoke. What's the odds.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

chris_diane
Explorer
Explorer
I also had a floor vibration about 52mph that I fixed last year. This is the process that the driveline repair shop had me do to find the cause. If you are uncomfortable then Les Schwab will be glad to do it. Test each following conditions at the vibration speed: 1. Rear axle on jack stands. 2. In gear and note speed at vibration. 3. Unbolt rear axle flanges pull axles out to disengage from diff. 4. Remove rear drive shaft. 5. Remove center drive shaft. 6. Remove forward drive shaft. Stop. If you still have a vibration it could be the park brake assembly damaged or engine has problems. My problem was when the frame was extended the forward driveshaft was improperly lengthened and was out of round.

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Have you check on the Ford warranty side of this. While you may not have warranty under Forest River you may under Ford.???

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like the are changing the mounting height of the carrier bearing, to get a better alignment on the drive shaft.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Call Forest River and ask where to take it. Ford has a fix. Basically Forest River built a bunch or units using the driveline angles for the older 5 speed transmission and that doesn't work for the 6-speed.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST