cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

95 Fleetwood Bounder

MR_Ready
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a 95 Fleetwood Bounder That has sat for 10 years in the seller's driveway I'm assuming that the fridge, ac unit, tires will all have to be junked.Is that safe to assume?
It is in good shape and only has 36K on it Can I just try and start the generator to confirm that those items aren't working. Is there any way to plug into the 30amp service from a portable source?

I'll probably have lots more questions but appreciate any help 0n these basics.
Thanks Much

Mark
11 REPLIES 11

MR_Ready
Explorer
Explorer
It has a Chevy P32 chassis

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us if it's a Ford F53 or a Chevy P32 chassis. They both have their quirks. I drive a 95 Bounder on a Ford chassis. I might have some in site.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
A 95 coach will quite likely need transmission work soon regardless of mileage. The internal rubber seals just get hard with age and you are looking at 20+ years. Pay an amount that lets you replace the transmission and still come out with a good deal.

MrWizard
Not starting the engine only works, if you plan on towing it , as is, with out testing the engine

The owner is probably Not going to change the oil for you before selling, or showing you it runs

I don't understand why people post statements like that
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

96Bounder30E
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing in that motorhome that needs 30 amps.... A 15 amp wall socket works fine.... Especially for testing individual systems
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

MR_Ready
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for your all input really appreciate it I just ordered to plug from Amazon

jwandvassie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't test the generator nor MH engine until the oils are changed. The engines may be ok, but starting them with 10-year old oil could quickly damage them.
The tires will definitely need to be replaced.
Hoses and fluids will need replacing.
The AC and fridge may be ok.
You should be able to borrow or rent a 3500W or higher generator to test other components.
Good luck.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Pass on it.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
Clean it, replace anything rubber. see what works. Repair as needed, repeat.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's been sitting for 10 years? Plan on buying new tires.

Everything else, test it and go from there.

The generator carburetor may be gummed up if it was not exercised on a regular basis.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would not condemn anything until it is tested.
You can get a 30-15/20 adapter to plug into a standard wall receptacle.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker