cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your trailer usage anually

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Just for kicks, I was wondering how many days, times a year do you use your trailer. I would like to break this into categorys.

First total days
second how many just weekends
third longest outings

Mine would look like this
totals days 185
weekends 0
longest 150
My Jayco folks say I really use my trailer and am not part of the norm by a long shot. I guess that's why I get a new one every few years..We wear them out.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.
33 REPLIES 33

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
Somewhere around 50 nights, more if we can but all the chores have got to be done and we don't have a magic fairy to do them when we are gone.

3 trips

#1 9 days
#2 7 days
#3 7 days

all the rest will be long weekends, of from 2-4 days

we have 23 nights reserved for this year away from our area, and we will do the rest within 30 miles of home.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Days per year: It varies usually between about 100 and 160 on average and is spread out over our 2-3 RV's we always own. Different season or trip, different RV is used as no one type RV is the best for all usages, needs or wants!

Weekends: Perhaps, an average of 3-4 just for the weekend as we are long retired and tend to always use weekdays more thus leaving more sites on weekends open for the still working people. Especially on holiday weekends as we already live in the finest area anyway and where so many thousands of RV'ers come to on holidays, weekends, and summers. So why leave home for less?

Longest outings: 74 to 80 days as that's with the 5th wheel at our Florida place in January till before April or RV'ing very long trips like to Alaska etc.

52 years so far of RV'ing and so many places to RV explore but so little time!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
boosTT wrote:
20-25 nights per year ave for about the last 6 years.
Most trips are 4 nights. Any longer in one place and it gets old for us.
We always camp within the state of Wisconsin.

Go around the pond to Michigan 183 waterfalls in the upper.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
20-25 nights per year ave for about the last 6 years.
Most trips are 4 nights. Any longer in one place and it gets old for us.
We always camp within the state of Wisconsin.

Sillybugs2
Explorer
Explorer
2 nights out so far, 2 in driveway for dds sleepovers, 4-5 planned in July in one trip, 12 planned in August in one trip, hoping 2 night in May and a couple in September but depends on footbAll. Two kids in sports makes it hard plus dh has odd schedule.
2016 Hideout 28BHSWE
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT 6.7L diesel 6 speed auto SRW longbed

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015: 30 days(8000 miles) on the road to Nashville from California and back. Then Thanksgiving week at the desert
2016: Death Valley for a week. Then 3 to 4 four and five day week ends.
2017: We've just done three 4 day week ends so far....and we're doing a 6 day weekend this week!
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
2015 62 days continuous
2016 152 days continuous
2017 160 days, if all goes well
This is in a 23 foot, 18 foot box camper. You don't need BIG to have a fun. But we are camping not RVing

Remember Retire the day you can afford to.....

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
I camp whenever I can.

I did alright last year considering it was year #1 and I work 2 jobs. 🙂

Maybe 6 - 3 day weekends and a 7 day trip with 89 year old Dad.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
IDman wrote:
Is this some sort of contest? Who cares?

Nothing to add? Then STFU.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know total days. I have never counted them.

I am just a weekend camper. I go every weekend that I can. I've been out 3 times this year so far.

I never get to go for more then 3 day holiday weekends so my longest outing is 3 days.

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
64 nights in 2016.
All weekends or extended weekends.
4 nights.
Not too shabby for what amounts to about a 5 month season here in the Northeast.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
This year it will be just over 1/2 of the year in the camper. The longest time will be a 90+ day trip to Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

No weekend trips.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We are approaching 30,000 miles in a bit over three years. I have lost track of the total number of days but last year was over 90 days.

We are retired so a week or ten day trip is not that unusual.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
We've only had our trailer for one full summer. Last season (summer 2016), we spend 18 nights in her. Mostly weekends, with one 5-night trip. Total of just over 2300 miles.

The summer before, we got the trailer at the end of August and just did two weekend trips that fall.

We currently have 23 nights booked for the upcoming summer, mostly weekends with one 12-day adventure to Glacier National Park planned. I'm sure there will be more; we just haven't decided when or where yet! 🙂