cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Allentown PA to Burlington VT

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of the best route to take? I will be traveling in about a week, so snow shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully a route that will have a campground open about halfway. Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

vtchris wrote:
Thanks Ford Truck Guy, that was a great route! The Schodack Island SP was perfect, plus I found a Passport America Club park in Whitehall NY at the Marina. Oh, further north they are doing work on Rt 7 and expect major delays.

Glad you liked it, we absolutely loved it last year.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ford Truck Guy, that was a great route! The Schodack Island SP was perfect, plus I found a Passport America Club park in Whitehall NY at the Marina. Oh, further north they are doing work on Rt 7 and expect major delays.

DrewE wrote:
I probably would go I-81 to I-88 to I-87 and then 149-4-22A etc., mainly in interest of toll avoidance, but ford truck guy's route is also perfectly reasonable.

Schodack Island State Park (a little south of Albany) is open for camping. I stayed there overnight rather late last year and it was fine for an overnight, though not an especially scenic state park campground. They do have a good many electric sites.

I mentioned that route because I live south of Allentown and went to Burlington last summer. I pulled my 41' fifth wheel that route and it was a nice, scenic route... It was a great ride with beautiful scenery... Plenty of stops if need to..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. This is some very helpful information!

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I probably would go I-81 to I-88 to I-87 and then 149-4-22A etc., mainly in interest of toll avoidance, but ford truck guy's route is also perfectly reasonable.

Schodack Island State Park (a little south of Albany) is open for camping. I stayed there overnight rather late last year and it was fine for an overnight, though not an especially scenic state park campground. They do have a good many electric sites.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Chris - good luck finding something open up here! Still pretty early in the season - currently only 38 degrees here in NH. Me - I'd do it straight thru instead - only about 360 miles. You might consider the Flying J near Jct I-88/I-90, we've stayed there before. We use RVParky.com - good source for overnights in any given area. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

vtchris wrote:
Anyone know of the best route to take? I will be traveling in about a week, so snow shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully a route that will have a campground open about halfway. Thanks!

78 East - 287 North - 87 - 149 - 4 - 22A
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7