cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rte 44 in North California

rickwellman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever traveled from Lassen volcanic NP to Eureka on Rte 44 in a motorhome pulling a trailer?
Traveling to cal col Idaho WY south dakota Oregon with 34 ft class A pulling 7 by 12 enclosed trailer with my trike.
8 REPLIES 8

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
msmith1199 wrote:
Per Google from Redding to Eureka on 299 is 147 miles! It doesn't look that far on a paper map.

No, but it is a nice trip.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Per Google from Redding to Eureka on 299 is 147 miles! It doesn't look that far on a paper map.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
299 between Redding and the coast is a good road, but as mentioned it in windy. It's been a while since I've been on it, and I've only done it in the car, but I recall looking at the map and thinking it looked like about a 90 minute drive. I don't recall exactly how long it ended up taking, but it was pushing five hours, but that was with a few stops to enjoy the scenery and the river.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
rickwellman wrote:
Should I just take 44 to 101

As far as I know, 44 ends in Redding, and 299 gets you to the coast.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We take 44 from just outside of Susanville over to the intersection of 89,,, then on over to I-5 at Shasta, Excellent road for that direction so can't imagine why it would be different from the other direction

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

rickwellman
Explorer
Explorer
Should I just take 44 to 101
Traveling to cal col Idaho WY south dakota Oregon with 34 ft class A pulling 7 by 12 enclosed trailer with my trike.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
299 to the coast will have construction delays, but we enjoy the route.

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
From Lassen to Redding on 44 is ok. You then take 299 to Eureka. you shouldn't have any trouble, but I must war you that there are lots of curves along that route. If you aren't worried about constantly turning tightly, you will do very well. Larger rigs than a 34'er travel it with ease. Good Luck
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP