Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lifting up 30' T/H

Hap_Hazard
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Again Folks,

Well I’m back with another question that I need your expert advice on.

I want to raise my FSC2800 WW off the ground and support it on jacks for some maintenance work and storage. I would locate two bottle jacks under each leaf spring at the axle mount pads to raise both axles at the same time/evenly. I plan to use multiple jacks stands along the length of the frame for support on both sides.

When I ask the people at the repair shops I get all kinds of strange looks and warnings not to try this at home. I’m told this needs to be left to the professionals, I believe this is BS. However, I want your thoughts before I do anything in case I’m wrong. Any input and feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Hap
4 REPLIES 4

Hap_Hazard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the rapid reply.

I figured if I could safely drive one axle up on a block to change a tire I could lift the whole side using both axles mounting pads (seems like the strongest lifting points and are the same pressure on the frame as when towing).

Once in the air I can support the frame at multiple points along the length. I understand the logic of only needing support in front and behind the spring shackle end points as this again is equal to the loads when towing, I just prefer to stabilize the unit while in the air.

I know I can count on this site for the help I need - when I need it.

Thanks again for your thoughts and getting back to me so soon.
Hap

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I did this when I installed the wet bolt kit. I used two 6 ton bottle jacks under the spring pads then placed jack stands front and rear of the springs. I only did one side at a time because I only had two heavy duty jack stands.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My philosophy has ALWAYS been ... "If someone else can do it, I can too!" I've saved myself thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on labor cost by following my own philosophy.

Lift the camper and then put supports everywhere on the frame, then lower the main lift so everything then rests on the supports under the frame. The more blocks, supports, jacks on the frame, the better.

When removing everything, just reverse. Lift from the key spot, and remove all the blocks, supports, jacks, and then let it back down.

Here's the key lift spot. After this, block everything, as much as you can:

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
seems doable, why not lift from the frame though?
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000