cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Parks Near Quebec?

precioustime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for places to stay near Quebec this summer. I am driving a 28 foot motorhome and pulling a small car. Would like something relatively close but I do have a small car that I tow to go into the town. I leave 2 small dogs in the rv when I go to town. Half hour to 45 minutes away is not bad. Any must see, must do things in Quebec? Places to eat for seafood? The city of Quebec is what we have in mind.
5 REPLIES 5

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
When we visited Old Quebec City we stayed at the Quebec City KOA. left the rig right there - took a shuttle into the Old City for the day. Worked out very well. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Quebec is a province, like Texas is a state. Any city in particular?

Quebec is the name of the capital city as well as the Province.

Kind of like New York State and New York City. Except NYC isn't the capital of NY.

So which is it? Quebec City? Or the Province in general?

Good point. To clarify, I'm looking forward to driving through Quebec Province but not Quebec City 🙂
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
GordonThree wrote:

Quebec is the name of the capital city as well as the Province.

Kind of like New York State and New York City. Except NYC isn't the capital of NY.

So which is it? Quebec City? Or the Province in general?

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
For Quebec City, we stayed a few nights across the river in the town of Levis at Camping Transit last June. We were very happy with the very well-managed place.

They offer a free shuttle both ways to the nearby ferry terminal (or you can drive there and park), where you can board the frequent departures for a quick and very pleasant ride across the mighty St. Lawrence which arrives at the heart of the charming lower town of the old city. (Saves trying to navigate and park on the old, winding cobblestone streets.)

Great photo ops approaching the famous Chateau Frontenac hotel that dominates the waterfront. You can just spend hours walking all around the historic area, then take the funicular car to the upper town and do more. Lots of nice shops and restaurants, very visitor-friendly but without any overly tacky tourist junk.

It's quite a lovely place to visit and we will return.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

I'm hoping to drive the James Bay road through Quebec this summer.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed