cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Newmar Baystar 3302

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I looked at and test drove this MH today and it was in nice shape a few scrapes that look like they could be polished out. An annoying squeak in the dash somewhere but other that that it drove a little nicer than my current gas MH. It has a partial Banks system and eng tuner, 40 - 60 mph time was 11 secs which seemed good for a 34 ft 17000lb MH. Caulking and roof looked good, awning had metal covers and original tires Ford chassis with 25k miles on it. They are asking $71k. Nada low retail is $58k and ave retail is $70k. Would an offer of $65 k be reasonable? Or for a really nice MH should go more toward the high end of Nada. Most MH's that I have looked at have always been priced higher that ave retail. I am not sure how Nada is suppose to work.
15 REPLIES 15

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks, I am getting down to the wire in my search. I want to go back to Alaska in June and wanted a newer MH with less mileage and this was the best one I saw to date. I looked at 3 other ones much newer but not well cared for and in much worse condition that my 21 year old MH.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
And look how much they will keep paying out of their pockets while it sits unsold and they continue to make payments. Probably didn't have the money to put with yours to pay it off though. Good luck with your continued search.

Bruce_Brown
Don't you love that??? Just because they owe too much somehow you should feel sorry for them and agree to pay too much???

I agree, keep looking.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bruce Brown wrote:
Is this at a dealer? If so I think $65k is a generous offer. I'd start at the $58k of low retail, as I doubt they have any more than that into it.

I also realize they need to make $$$ so I wouldn't go a dime over $65k, and that would be only if I REALLY wanted it.
Well I made an offer of $65k and they rejected it. They still owe $75k on the MH. So the search continues.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Effy wrote:
Budget tires and leverage that. Even if the tires look good, they likely won't pass inspection. When we sold our 2012 2 years ago inspection revealed hairline cracks between the treads and required replacing them. In any event they are already 4-5 years old. As far as price, do a search online to see what other units of the same price are selling for. Who knows you might find one cheaper you can look at as well making it competitive.
Could you see the cracks from the outside or did you have to remove the tires from the rim to see the crack from the inside?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Budget tires and leverage that. Even if the tires look good, they likely won't pass inspection. When we sold our 2012 2 years ago inspection revealed hairline cracks between the treads and required replacing them. In any event they are already 4-5 years old. As far as price, do a search online to see what other units of the same price are selling for. Who knows you might find one cheaper you can look at as well making it competitive.
2013 ACE 29.2

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
.Was this the engine AC or the roof AC? If engine AC I get that sometimes in my current MH and have seen that condensation in my cars at times.

that reminds me, I had that happen with one of my cars years back. I guess the humidity condensed on the cooling coils in the car????????????
bumpy

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
padre1944 wrote:
I bought a new 2010 Bay Star several years ago. It continued to spit water out onto the passenger feet, soaking the rug. It came from the A/C unit which let air push right through the fire wall, bringing condensation with it. Had to threaten the MFG. with a BBB complain to get them to try to do anything about it. Their fix didn't work. Had to run the A/C on recirculate to keep the air from coming in. I was not pleased with their customer service and attitude, so would not buy another Newmar even they are supposed to be quality. Don't know if that has been fixed or not, but I would check carpet around passenger feet to see if you find any moisture.
.Was this the engine AC or the roof AC? If engine AC I get that sometimes in my current MH and have seen that condensation in my cars at times.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bruce Brown wrote:
Is this at a dealer? If so I think $65k is a generous offer. I'd start at the $58k of low retail, as I doubt they have any more than that into it.

I also realize they need to make $$$ so I wouldn't go a dime over $65k, and that would be only if I REALLY wanted it.
No it is a private party. I guess my real question is how to use Nada to determine a fair price. I thought if the MH was in really great condition then an ave retail price would be more in line and if the MH had a lot of wear and tear the low retail would be more in line? Am I understanding this right or not?

padre1944
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new 2010 Bay Star several years ago. It continued to spit water out onto the passenger feet, soaking the rug. It came from the A/C unit which let air push right through the fire wall, bringing condensation with it. Had to threaten the MFG. with a BBB complain to get them to try to do anything about it. Their fix didn't work. Had to run the A/C on recirculate to keep the air from coming in. I was not pleased with their customer service and attitude, so would not buy another Newmar even they are supposed to be quality. Don't know if that has been fixed or not, but I would check carpet around passenger feet to see if you find any moisture.

Bruce_Brown

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Gooding. R wrote:
I agree with HEISENBERG

sounds like a plan to me
bumpy

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with HEISENBERG

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Be ready to walkoff and let them contact you after that $68K offer.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado