cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace blower goes on

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I have my travel trailer plugged in in the driveway what I noticed is the blower for furnace is going on.I moved the thermostat to lowest setting, and being a pilot has to be lit it isn't blowing hot air just air.Shouldnt there be a switch somewhere to turn it off I cant find it anywhere
8 REPLIES 8

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
It would if we knew year/make/model of RV, since the OP doesn't list on the sign line.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
If it has a pilot it sounds like an older system that is heat only. If the air temperature is above the thermostat setting and the furnace is trying to run there is probably a short in the control wiring.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
You may be right. I had never heard of it before. ๐Ÿ™‚
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Fulltimer50 wrote:
The "FAN" switch on the thermostat is for the A/C fan. The furnace fan is not controllable. How old is your furnace that has a pilot lite??

It depends on how it's wired George.
I've seen this very scenario on here before.

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
The "FAN" switch on the thermostat is for the A/C fan. The furnace fan is not controllable. How old is your furnace that has a pilot lite??
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
jarata1 wrote:
where is the fan switch I looked everywhere for a switch

It's on the thermostat.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
where is the fan switch I looked everywhere for a switch

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Make sure the "Fan" switch is set to "Auto" and NOT "On".