cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazon Prime Now

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, the world sure has changed. It is amazing what you can order, and have delivered to your door in an hour or two. From Amazon Prime Now

Right now the DW and I, are pretty sick cold/flu. Decided it may be time to go for the Irish cure. As in good Irish Whiskey in a hot toddy.

You may still hurt you just don't care LOL.

Jamison inbound, for three bucks more than if we (I) went to Safeway.
Including $5 tip and tax. For Amazon

And no, we don't drink much, but somehow that hot toddy sounds really good. And I for sure, don't want to go out to get it.

Just pretty amazing in my humble opinion
21 REPLIES 21

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well what do you know. I guess they do deliver up in the twin cities (Minneapolis / St.Paul) I'm surprised. MN is usually a stickler for this kinda thing.

I seem to remember some one in Northern MN that was using a drone to deliver beer to people in their fish houses out on the lake in the winter. I heard that they made him quit. Maybe I heard wrong.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
As of April 27, 2017, listing of current Amazon Prime Now cities:

Atlanta
Austin
Baltimore
Boston
Chicago
Cincinnati
Columbus
Dallas and Fort Worth
Houston
Indianapolis
Las Vegas
Los Angeles and Orange County
Manhattan and Brooklyn
Miami
Milwaukee
Minneapolis and St. Paul
Nashville
Orlando
Phoenix
Portland
Raleigh
Richmond
Sacramento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco Bay Area
Seattle and Eastside
Tampa
Virginia Beach
Washington, DC Metro
I love me some land yachting

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Bourbon is better.

The Irish invented whiskey so I'll stick with Jameson.
uisge beatha

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Kittykath wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
There is NO WAY in MN that this will ever be done. We just finally got a law passed that allows us to buy alcohol on Sunday !!! We still can't buy wine or beer at anything other then a liquor store.

No, but there are a lot of fine wineries and breweries in this state!

I am not sure that is accurate, just for fun I put in a Minneapolis zip code. It appears they do deliver Alcohol. Maybe they found a way around the law? Don't know

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
There is NO WAY in MN that this will ever be done. We just finally got a law passed that allows us to buy alcohol on Sunday !!! We still can't buy wine or beer at anything other then a liquor store.

No, but there are a lot of fine wineries and breweries in this state!

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
dcmac214 wrote:
You can get liquor thru Amazon? All I can pull up liquor-wise is books & bar accessories.

And who do you tip? I wouldn't think whoever delivers would be like the pizza delivery kid. You'd tip USPS/UPS?

BTW, it's "Jameson".

Amazon prime and Amazon prime NOW. are two different things. Amazon prime now, to my knowledge is only available in certain zip codes,
Tip is built into the charge, normally 5 bucks, I believe the delivery folks are amazon employees or sub contractors.

Google amazon prime now, they have quite a bit of stuff, not just booze and food. All delivered in 1 to 2 hrs

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Try a shot of NyQuil, with a bourbon chaser.

If you have a death wish!

A good hot and sour soup from your local Chinese food restaurant will do the trick.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
You can get liquor thru Amazon? All I can pull up liquor-wise is books & bar accessories.

And who do you tip? I wouldn't think whoever delivers would be like the pizza delivery kid. You'd tip USPS/UPS?

BTW, it's "Jameson".

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II

StiltzM109R
Explorer
Explorer
Fireball in Hot Apple Cider. Best drink ever!
2014 Echo Bandit 250QB Toy Hauler

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
What's better yet is Jack Daniels `Single Barrel'. Very smooth. You may want to get sick more often.

Much better this AM. Cure worked. Have scheduled relapse around 4.30 or so.

Monkey44. I agree that is so strange you can order booze delivered. Along with a host of other stuff on Amazon prime Now. With a 1-2 hr delivery. Jamison was here in 90mins.

What also is amazing to me is, if you have "Alexia" (amazon dot) no need to order online, just tell her what you want.

World has changed, makes me wonder, what it will be like in 50 years.
To me this is like Star Trek stuff

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
What's better yet is Jack Daniels `Single Barrel'. Very smooth. You may want to get sick more often.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
A healthy shot of Jamison, a slice of lemon, a glob of honey, in a mug of hot ginger tea. Soothes the throat. Soothes the cough. Helps you sleep. And tastes much, much better than nyquil.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Seems odd that alcohol can be delivered? I'd expect some abuse there ... easily.

Altho I can remember years ago getting pizza and beer delivered to the house, and the kid that brought it was way under twenty-one. IN fact, he might have been a friend from high school that worked at the pizza place, and am not sure we were twenty-one either ... ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic