cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Toy Hauler & Fifth Wheel RV's

La_Gasser
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased a Jayco Seismic Wave Toy Hauler & was wondering what type of extension pole & brush to use to wash it. I would prefer not to have to use a ladder to do the sides. I saw some Unger poles at Home Depot and Mr. Longarm poles at Lowes - not sure if these will work or not. I like the Unger 10" soft brush at Home Depot. Both poles I looked at extended to 12', so I think that would be long enough. If anyone has found a better setup, please let me know.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Simoniz 12'. Has a nice soft brush and an easy to use water control valve.
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
I Use the one from Costco or Sams club that extends. Can probably find one on Amazon or try your
Local detail supply shop. I still bust out the ladder to hand dry it completely with micro fiber cloths and quick detail spray.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using an RV brush on all my campers, since we started with our pop-up. I still have the original brush. Camco RV brushes are soft, designed for RV and work well on all surfaces.

I since purchased a second one, with a retractable handle that also attaches to a garden hose, so it can shoot water non stop (works great for rinsing).

For my original brush, I just used a long painters handle that extended out 15 feet. It works great for brushing leaves and twigs off the top of my slide out too.

These brushes are the only thing I wash my vehicles swith, and I even use them on the vinyl siding on my house, and those plastic shutters too. So, they are safe for any surface, soft, won't scratch, and probably the best you can get as they are so versitle.

You can pick one up anywhere. Here's Wall Mart's version: Click here.

If you want the brush only, and get your own pole, wand, or stick, like a painter's pole, here's Camping World version of the brush only: Camping World click here.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest industrial supply shops. My experience with plastic toys that extend to reach has always broken my dreams. For sixty to one hundred dollars you will get something that will extend to 20 feet, and will not break at 13 like most do. Not light, but strong, and worth the extra money.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The nicest extendable soft brush I ever found was at a Kenworth dealer. I've been using one for years.
I always try to keep the touch light and avoid any kind of scrubbing action that will cause scratching.