cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xm/Sirius satellite radio.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Received our renewal notice for satellite radio and wow $409.00 for two more years. We've been with them for over ten years and have never paid this much.

I called too cancel, too cheap to pay that much. They thanked me for using their service and dropped the rate to $9.00 a month with a two year agreement.

How many of us have services like this set up on auto pay and never see the increase. My wife said she would have paid the bill not knowing how much the bill increased. This is why I don't use auto bill pay.

Check your statements and call to see if you can get a lower rate. This has worked for us on Diretv also.

The savings equates to many great nights our camping.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
29 REPLIES 29

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Sirius is worthless in Oregon, unless I get above the tree line.
But it works good in my shop, and that's w/ the antenna setting on a fire block along side the radio.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
When I bought my truck, it came with 6 month free Sirius... Think I used it for maybe an hour total...

Won't work in the garage.

Go under overpasses and it cuts out.

Plug in my usb ipod with around 1900 of my favorite songs on it and I'm good..

I add to the ipod song list all the time, so it's ever growing.:)

Anyway, I wish the truck had HD radio.. I'd give up the cd player and Sirius button for HD radio in a heartbeat..

Mitch
HD isn't all it's cracked up to be either. It takes a clear, un-phase distorted shot to the transmitter for HD to hang in, otherwise it will endlessly wander back and forth between the digital carriers and the considerably stronger analog carrier.

Also, Sirius/XM has LOTS of terrestrial transmitter in most of the metro areas around the country. I drive through tunnels and completely shaded parking structures all the time and never lose Sirius.

And yes, Sat radio quality really sucks. I listen to news, comedy channels, and 60's music that isn't great to begin with. For those it's great
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I like Sirius for much more than music. CNN, Stern.. etc. Good stuff. Doesn't work well in canyons however.

Maybe that's why there is a on/off button on the receiver.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
never dreamed i'd see the wirds Stern and good stuff in the same sentence. :B
Yeah, he's not for everyone.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I like Sirius for much more than music. CNN, Stern.. etc. Good stuff. Doesn't work well in canyons however.

never dreamed i'd see the wirds Stern and good stuff in the same sentence. :B
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO
This is nothing more or less than "The Modern Business Ethic"

Wells Fargo

Companies retaining refunds for weeks to float tens of millions of dollars.

And children are not stupid. They learn from adults.

So this nonsense is not going to go away.

I went to shortwave radio listening. No television. Books.

And peace of mind.

What a shame.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We have Sirius in our truck and don't remember any time where it went off the air.

Has all the channels we like including music, all sports and news.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Being somewhat picky about sound quality, I dumped Sirius long ago. The quality just is not as good as so many other options out there today. I've tried APPLE RADIO, which is better quality than Sirius, but still lacking.

Pandora quality is much better, but I've resisted signing up for the subscription service to dump the ads. I've settled on Amazon Prime Music, since I have a Prime subscription through work. Sound quality is as good as it gets and the selection is terrific. Not to mention that the Amazon Music app is now also CarPlay compatible.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Considering we mostly listen to 80s and 90s music we felt no need to keep paying for XM. We downloaded the playlist, removed the songs we didn't care for and got play music instead. They have radio for when I'm feeling like listening to something else and much more. No reason to listen the old way, just differently. I'd rather stick with spotify, play music or apple music over listening to some pre ordained list of songs.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped it after the free time was up Since they use geosync satelites, it's just like sat tv. if you don't have a clear view of the southern sky, forget it. and around my neck of the woods, that is a BIG problem. get dropped music, picket fencing, etc. etc.

Just use my ipod or a memory stick with something over 2000 songs on it now.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
MitchF150 wrote:
Go under overpasses and it cuts out.
for about one second, like most radio.

Not when you are stuck in traffic.... ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

StaJs
Explorer
Explorer
We had 6 months of service when we bought our truck. We always listened mostly to music and it sounded tinny and hollow. It has been said the stream is compressed to 32kbps but I don't think it's that much.
They keep sending offers to sign up with deals but I don't think so.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
Received our renewal notice for satellite radio and wow $409.00 for two more years. We've been with them for over ten years and have never paid this much.

I called too cancel, too cheap to pay that much. They thanked me for using their service and dropped the rate to $9.00 a month with a two year agreement.

How many of us have services like this set up on auto pay and never see the increase. My wife said she would have paid the bill not knowing how much the bill increased. This is why I don't use auto bill pay.

Check your statements and call to see if you can get a lower rate. This has worked for us on Diretv also.

The savings equates to many great nights our camping.

interesting. we're on a month-to-month plan (no contract) and paying $9.99 p/m. we turn it on when we take off on a trip and cancel when we return home.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle