cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Convection oven recipes?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting a convection microwave soon. Any tips or favorite recipes to share? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
YC 1 wrote:
We have had out convection/microwave combo for years and never used the dual cooking method until I attended a class at Lazy Daze this year. What a neat tool. There are recipes and cooking times available if you search.

You can cook a turkey and brown it too.
If you learn to brine a turkey, which is really simple, you will have the best
moist turkey ever.

Don't forget to air dry the bird for a day or two after brining. Crisps up the skin nicely:c.

I'll admit that I never use the preset controls for combo cooking or even combo cook at all unless you count defrosting. The microwave function is pretty much for re heating, poaching, and sometimes fish cooking for me.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
We have had out convection/microwave combo for years and never used the dual cooking method until I attended a class at Lazy Daze this year. What a neat tool. There are recipes and cooking times available if you search.

You can cook a turkey and brown it too.
If you learn to brine a turkey, which is really simple, you will have the best
moist turkey ever.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use ours daily also and use regular recipes. The only thing I find is that some things like cookies, muffins etc do better with the temp set 25 degrees cooler for the time recommended. We make everything - but never use the combo convection/micro setting. Always either microwave, or convection. Love it.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We use our Whirlpool convection microwave everyday, just like a normal oven. Not sure if it is because it is a microwave or not but, unlike my s&b gas convection oven, I do not adjust temperature or time.

We bake bread, pizza, cookies, cakes, you name it and it all comes out perfectly, unlike a regular RV oven. I also use it to make dinner - lasagna, mac and cheese, meatloaf, chicken, pork loin, etc. I cook things just like in the oven at home. The only difference is the size (no turkeys) and no broiler (no seafood). Otherwise, it is the same.

Enjoy the new toy!
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

johnna
Explorer
Explorer
All ovens are different. Convection ovens usually call for lower temps and sometimes shorter cooking times. My convection oven needs to be set about 25 degrees lower than receipts call for. Cooking times very, depending on item being cooked. The user manual table provided with my oven worked for me most of the time. I live at a high altitude, so also have to adjust for that.

After you get used to your new oven, you will be very pleased with how your current baking receipts turn out.

:C
2004 Ford 350 Super Duty 2W Dirve Long Bed PU
2008 327RLT Montana Mountaineer 35 ft. 5th wheel
2005 Alaska and other Trip Logs

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
You'll need this:)

Convection Oven Calculator

In my stick and brick I normally make three 12 lbers for Thanksgiving get togethers and I always dedicate one to my large countertop convection nuker.
Beautifully golden, crispy skin and nicely juicy. Fantastic for any form of baking.
I think you'll enjoy your new purchase.