cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beverage trailer conversion

n5berm
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever seen, tried, or heard of converting a beverage trailer into an RV?
I can see lots of advantages; low floor, good weight capacity, high ceiling. Biggest challenge: roll up walls. But there's got to be some major disadvantage since I can't find any examples or attempts at conversion.
tia
6 REPLIES 6

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
It would be easier and cheaper to find a clean older travel trailer and just fix it up. it will have all the tanks/plumbing/wiring ready to go, just redo the whole inside new and paint or restripe the outside.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have seen enclosed utility trailers converted. They had A/C, but commented they wished they had put in a couple of windows they could open and close.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
They are heavy because they are made so strong. Take a look at brakes...if air brakes are going to have to convert them?
Should be lots of cargo weight available when you get done. Maybe heavier than what your tow vehicle should tow?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
You're going to need a fairly large TV to pull the beverage trailer/RV.

Maybe you can't find any info because it's not a practical conversion?

I think I would try a large cargo trailer for a conversion project.

If you go ahead with your plan, please keep us updated. It would make an interesting RV.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like an awful lot of work. Are you project oriented or camping/traveling oriented?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Local ones have the racking that supports the cases of bottles as an integral spine to support the weight. Eats up a lot of internal room, and cuts the trailer in half length-wise.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er