cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A Bad Saturday

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
We lost our Lab Lilly Saturday. When she woke up yesterday her rear legs refused to work. She was 14 1/2 years old and had been declining for the last couple of years. We rescued her at 1 year old. We took her to the Vet's office and coincidently her wonderful usual Vet had the duty. Lilly loved her and was always happy to see her. The Vet agreed that it was time. She passed peacefully in our arms. She always traveled with us and I am sure the next trip will be difficult without her. I am reminded of a quote that I once read. " She may not have been the best dog ever but she was the best dog I ever had". I hope that at some time we will be reunited at the bridge.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA
20 REPLIES 20

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
What a life lesson these sweet pets teach us, on how to love them with all our heart and then have the courage to let them go. It makes the time we spent with them all the more precious. I'm sorry for your loss, but then, they never really leave us.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
One of the hardest things I had to do was to put Sadie down because her back legs had given completely out a week before she turned 14. She was otherwise healthy but had no quality of life.

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry to hear of your loss. It is always hard to lose a furbaby, no matter how long they have been with us. Remember the good times and cherish the memory. RIP Sweet Lily.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry. It is so difficult, but the preceding years make it so worth it!
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
May the happy memories soon outweigh the sadness. My condolences. Agnes
Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
Canine hip dysplasia, very common in Labs and Golden Retrievers, even those that are not very old. But, of course, they are probably the best temperament dogs on the planet and make fantastic pets.

I would suggest getting another rescue dog right away. Otherwise you may be depressed for many months and may never get over your loving Lab.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to lose a beloved pet, and I suspect doubly-hard when you're a camper and so many wonderful memories were made with that pet.... so sorry for your loss.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
It is heartbreaking. So sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
People do not really deserve dogs. They are honest and they are loyal which greatly exceeds most humans right there. I love dogs. The only thing wrong with them is they do not live long enough. I hope you get another one as soon as you are ready. Life is too short not to be around good dogs.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've said goodbye to four over the years. Losing my boy Calvin a few weeks ago, as DOC posted, "... just know there are many of us who share your grief and understand the loss".

Pops

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry...know the feeling. We can all relate. A paw print will be in your heart forever. Yes, leaving out without your little buddy will be hard.

My current cocker is a great little traveling buddy and my other 3 boys still travel with me. Cremated and their urns are in the rv, I fuLL-time.

Condolences.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
dturm wrote:
So sorry for your loss. Words seem pretty useless at times like these, just know there are many of us who share your grief and understand the loss.

Double ditto. It's never easy to lose a family member.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Condolences.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]