cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yellowstone Fishing Bridge Spots

Weber
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a camping trip over Memorial Weekend inYellowstone with a 30' spot reserved. We have since upgraded our trailer and now it is 33' long. I checked and there are not any 35' or 40' spots available in the entire park.

I know Fishing Bridge is tight from side to side but not sure on depth. Can I shove 33' in a 30' spot there? Is a 30' spot from the curb? Can the back of the trailer hang over the curb?

I would hate to get down there and not fit....
2016 Chevy Silverado Crewcab 4x4 max tow package
2017 StarCraft Launch 27BHU
06 StarCraft Antigua 235SRG-SOLD
Equilizer Hitch
Family of Five
14 REPLIES 14

kedanie
Explorer
Explorer
We have spent a lot of time in Yellowstone mainly camping at Fishing Bridge over the years. Site lengths are pretty accurate as there will be someone right behind you. Over the years, they have removed some of the trees that created problems backing into sites. Sites are still tight to get into and you need to have good backing up skills with a larger rig. Always fun watching someone that has poor backing skills and a wife hollering at him get into some of the tighter spaces. They will fit as advertised, just a little patience and skill to get it done.

Once there, you won't spend much time in the campground, so don't worry about how close you are to your neighbors. Go out and enjoy the park, come back and eat then hit the sack as you will most likely be tired from all the activities and effects of the 7000+ altitude.

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran

djgodden
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
Stay at Grizzly RV Park and don't worry about pipes and concrete barriers and just have a great holiday weekend.

Stayed there a week last year. Great location within a mile or so of the west entrance. However, it's a drive to anything in the park. This year will be our first trying out FB with a 32ft Montana in a 35ft spot. Reserved back in January. My fingers are crossed!
2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Lariat Longhorn 6.7 CTD HO, Edge Evo CTS, Extreme Tow/Haul brakes, aFePower Diff cover, LL 5000 bags, 285/70R17, Reese Q20 w/slider. 2005 Montana 2955RL w/400w solar, Renogy MPPT, 4 x 6v @ 12VDC (450AH), 3000w Inverter, King VQ4100.

wyocowboy00
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
ppine wrote:
Call the Park Service and ask them.

Except that the NPS has a concessionaire, Xanterra, operating FB, so that's who needs to be called.

This is true. The NPS won't get involved in this.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Except for no water or power, kind of a deal breaker for most!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Stay at Grizzly RV Park and don't worry about pipes and concrete barriers and just have a great holiday weekend.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:

Except that the NPS has a concessionaire, Xanterra, operating FB, so that's who needs to be called.

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
There was a big metal pole splitting my site from the one behind me. They truly are only 30ft deep. I had a 26footer and it was tight. My slide was 3 feet from my neighbors on one side and I could touch my truck from my front door on the other.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
""I know Fishing Bridge is tight from side to side but not sure on depth. Can I shove 33' in a 30' spot there? Is a 30' spot from the curb?""

The last time we stayed there, there were large concrete blocks deviding the back to back sites. We were given a 36 foot site and filled it completely with our 36foot coach.
That said however, the sites were double wide and there was room for slides and a parking slot on our site. The access road was very narrow and difficult to back into the site from. I cannot imagine a large fiver backing in there. I believe there are like three areas in FB, but don't know if others are different from the one we had or not
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
""I know Fishing Bridge is tight from side to side but not sure on depth. Can I shove 33' in a 30' spot there? Is a 30' spot from the curb?""

The last time we stayed there, there were large concrete blocks deviding the back to back sites. We were given a 36 foot site and filled it completely with our 36foot coach.
That said however, the sites were double wide and there was room for slides and a parking slot on our site. The access road was very narrow and difficult to back into the site from. I cannot imagine a large fiver backing in there. I believe there are like three areas in FB, but don't know if others are different from the one we had or not
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
If you call they will say no - I would show up and see what happens -
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
ppine wrote:

X2

I always call ahead for important reservations such as National Parks. I would hate to show up and be told the space I reserved isn't large enough. Be sure to document who you speak with and have the reservation number when you get to Fishing Bridge.
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Based on my experience I would have to say no. My 5er is 30' and I told the truth and they gave me a 30' spot. The spot was rough getting into and was barely long enough for my trailer. I have a rear door and I had to tie tree branches back to get through it. There was zero parking in front of the trailer. I had to go against traffic and nose in under the bedroom slide to park. There also wasn't much stagger with the sites behind so we were right on top of them.

I made my reservation when I had a 25 ft. OAL length bumper pull. I called plenty ahead of time and notified them of our equipment change and they said they moved us into a larger site. Maybe this didn't happen.

I hate to be negative but others have posted here that Fishing Bridge is pretty hard nosed when it comes to gear size. I would call ahead and work it out with them just to ease your concern.

Above being said, we enjoyed our trip immensely and I hope you do the same.

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
You should be fine! I saw several campers around 35ft in there last year. It was tight but don't see where it would be an issue.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains