cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redneck toy hauler

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
While helping my buddy put his redneck toy hauler together. I got my first chance to actually put a truck camper on ECO diesel. Its an old pop up with a sticker weight of 1170lbs. Was suprised to see the squat was kept to a minimum and looked to level the truck out nicely.

Regardless moved it into position. So that we could grab it with two skid steers and drop it onto the trailer. Trailer is a new Load Trail 32' lowboy 14K lb. Which left 24' of space for the toys.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel
11 REPLIES 11

64thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever works for ya. It's about function & personal preference. But that Ram doesn't seem to like that gooseneck.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Camped next to a with a Pop up on a goose-neck flatbed trailer with 2 RZRs, thing was solid as a rock. Only challenge he said was getting the bunks extended. Next to him his buddy had an old Wilderness bunk house goose-neck flatbed with room for 4 Sport ATVs. Might not have been new but they were well engineered and sure beat the price of buying new.

Agreed some of the early 2000 toyhaulers are coming down nicely in price. Found one the other day in northern WI. Triple axle 40' that looked like new. Even had the plastic on the carpet still. All for $20K.

So why did I sell my F350 and buy a half ton again?

Then again my buddy will have at most $8K in it when fully outfitted.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

Y-Guy
Camped next to a with a Pop up on a goose-neck flatbed trailer with 2 RZRs, thing was solid as a rock. Only challenge he said was getting the bunks extended. Next to him his buddy had an old Wilderness bunk house goose-neck flatbed with room for 4 Sport ATVs. Might not have been new but they were well engineered and sure beat the price of buying new.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
EDIT: Scratch my initial comment, different truck pulling the gooseneck.

Ya, the ECO could probably pull it empty. But that's about it!

We need to run and get it weighted.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We see varieties of these when we're out at Country Jam in Grand Junction. One was on a flatbed truck, with a deck set up on the back portion that wasn't covered by the camper. On the side they had a large water tank built in where the wheel well usually is.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
EDIT: Scratch my initial comment, different truck pulling the gooseneck.
I love me some land yachting

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Love it. Build some storage on each side of the camper. I wanted to do this but wife was not into it. I have seen some uhaul bodies put on equipment trailers as well then decked out into campers/toyhauler.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like it...the trailer makes a nice deck for the camper!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks MODS for the tip. Pics seemed to only work through trailer life. Which is good to know.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try posting images this way: Image posting

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer

Mod Edit: Fixed image for you, photobucket adds way to many tags. Click the edit and look at the IMG tags. Note that if you log in through RV.net it doesn't like % symbols when posting and might cause an error. Try using the forums.trailerlife.com page instead.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel